Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Waiting for order...to death.

Waiting for order...to death.

Injun-ear

Yes, I do have Avast antivirus. Is that the cause of the shutdown hang?
Fix?

"NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Is Avast antivirus installed on your x64 machine ?
>
> "Injun-ear" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> OK. Here's the only problem I have found...
>>
>> The thing hangs on shutdown. There is probably a fix. Not a big deal,
>> really. The old 32-bit didn't hang, but took FOREVER to shut down. Now
>> with X64 I must shut it down manually.
>>

>> "Injun-ear" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:uByZV$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Got mine yesterday. Installed, no problems. using it now to write this
>>> message.
>>>

>>> "Daniel Herrmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

NNBXX

OK, that's the cause of the shutdown hang. Fix ? Uninstall Avast, and
install either NOD32 compatible x64 version 2.5 beta or eTrust 7.1 for x64.

"Injun-ear" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, I do have Avast antivirus. Is that the cause of the shutdown hang?
> Fix?
>
> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is Avast antivirus installed on your x64 machine ?
>>
>> "Injun-ear" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> OK. Here's the only problem I have found...
>>>
>>> The thing hangs on shutdown. There is probably a fix. Not a big deal,
>>> really. The old 32-bit didn't hang, but took FOREVER to shut down. Now
>>> with X64 I must shut it down manually.
>>>

>>> "Injun-ear" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:uByZV$(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

Most likely that is the problem. Uninstall and find another program. NOD32
has a beta you can use for free now or etrust 7.1 available here the least I
found about $16 with shipping.

"Injun-ear" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes, I do have Avast antivirus. Is that the cause of the shutdown hang?
> Fix?
>
> "NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Is Avast antivirus installed on your x64 machine ?
>>
>> "Injun-ear" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> OK. Here's the only problem I have found...
>>>
>>> The thing hangs on shutdown. There is probably a fix. Not a big deal,
>>> really. The old 32-bit didn't hang, but took FOREVER to shut down. Now
>>> with X64 I must shut it down manually.
>>>

>>> "Injun-ear" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:uByZV$(E-Mail Removed)...

waiting on vector change Andy Peters VHDL 4 05-10-2005 04:48 PM
Waiting for Wireless before mapping drives =?Utf-8?B?anBtd2l6YXJk?= Wireless Networking 1 04-26-2005 04:11 PM
OT: Still Waiting Doom MCSE 7 01-21-2005 08:17 PM
Call waiting and CHAT script News Account Cisco 1 01-25-2004 09:05 PM
Waiting MCP cert. Wissam Microsoft Certification 4 07-24-2003 10:12 AM

Advertisments