Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > USB Driver Loss on Shutdown

USB Driver Loss on Shutdown

=?Utf-8?B?amFja2Fyb28=?=

I recently assembled a system using a Foxconn MOBO (NF4UK8AA) and an Athlon
64 Venice Core CPU. I updated all the device drivers. The only hardware
that I have a problem with is the Mitsumi FDD/Flash Memory reader (FA404M).
The FDD works fine and the Flash reader installed correctly the first time.
The icons showed under "My Computer", Life was good.

When the system went into hibernation or shut down the drivers were lost and
I got an "unkown device" in the System Manager. It would not allow a new
driver to be installed, the only solution was the change the position on the
MOBO of the USB connection for the Flash Reader portion of the drive.

I partially fixed the problem by unckecking the "allow computer to turn off
this device to save power" in the USB root hub.

I still loose the flash media USB drivers when the system is shut down for
an extended period of time.

Any suggestions?