Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Driver advice needed.

Driver advice needed.

=?Utf-8?B?amJhbGNpdXM=?=

My copy of x64 finally came in yesterday so I am looking to line up all the
drivers I need.

So far I've located drivers for:
My processor and MB.
Soundboard.
Raid.
Video Board.
Epson r200 Photo Printer.
Logitech Keyboard/mouse.
HP's DVD burner with Lightscribe.

Now all I need are drivers for:
Epson 4180 Scanner.
HP Laserjet 1012 (connected by IP)

If there are no drivers available, can someone point me to a work around on
these? Especially the printer.

Thanks!!!

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Scanner drivers are hard to find, you definitely need to get in contact with
Epson about that, as for the HP Printer, please read the following link by
Charlie Russel:
http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../18/54021.aspx
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"jbalcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My copy of x64 finally came in yesterday so I am looking to line up all
> the
> drivers I need.
>
> So far I've located drivers for:
> My processor and MB.
> Soundboard.
> Raid.
> Video Board.
> Epson r200 Photo Printer.
> Logitech Keyboard/mouse.
> HP's DVD burner with Lightscribe.
>
> Now all I need are drivers for:
> Epson 4180 Scanner.
> HP Laserjet 1012 (connected by IP)
>
> If there are no drivers available, can someone point me to a work around
> on
> these? Especially the printer.
>
> Thanks!!!

Colin Barnhorst

HP has XP x64 printer driver info on each of their printer pages under their
Support and Troubleshooting section on the HP site.

"jbalcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My copy of x64 finally came in yesterday so I am looking to line up all
> the
> drivers I need.
>
> So far I've located drivers for:
> My processor and MB.
> Soundboard.
> Raid.
> Video Board.
> Epson r200 Photo Printer.
> Logitech Keyboard/mouse.
> HP's DVD burner with Lightscribe.
>
> Now all I need are drivers for:
> Epson 4180 Scanner.
> HP Laserjet 1012 (connected by IP)
>
> If there are no drivers available, can someone point me to a work around
> on
> these? Especially the printer.
>
> Thanks!!!

=?Utf-8?B?amJhbGNpdXM=?=

I've checked the support sight several times and haven't seen any info on x64
for the 1012. Do you have a link incase I'm just being totally blind?

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> HP has XP x64 printer driver info on each of their printer pages under their
> Support and Troubleshooting section on the HP site.
>
> "jbalcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My copy of x64 finally came in yesterday so I am looking to line up all
> > the
> > drivers I need.
> >
> > So far I've located drivers for:
> > My processor and MB.
> > Soundboard.
> > Raid.
> > Video Board.
> > Epson r200 Photo Printer.
> > Logitech Keyboard/mouse.
> > HP's DVD burner with Lightscribe.
> >
> > Now all I need are drivers for:
> > Epson 4180 Scanner.
> > HP Laserjet 1012 (connected by IP)
> >
> > If there are no drivers available, can someone point me to a work around
> > on
> > these? Especially the printer.
> >
> > Thanks!!!

=?Utf-8?B?amJhbGNpdXM=?=

I came accross that link earlier, but, the HP link doesn't cover any Laserjet
printers. It makes reference to PCL printers, but I'm not sure what to do
with that. any advice?

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Scanner drivers are hard to find, you definitely need to get in contact with
> Epson about that, as for the HP Printer, please read the following link by
> Charlie Russel:
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../18/54021.aspx
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "jbalcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > My copy of x64 finally came in yesterday so I am looking to line up all
> > the
> > drivers I need.
> >
> > So far I've located drivers for:
> > My processor and MB.
> > Soundboard.
> > Raid.
> > Video Board.
> > Epson r200 Photo Printer.
> > Logitech Keyboard/mouse.
> > HP's DVD burner with Lightscribe.
> >
> > Now all I need are drivers for:
> > Epson 4180 Scanner.
> > HP Laserjet 1012 (connected by IP)
> >
> > If there are no drivers available, can someone point me to a work around
> > on
> > these? Especially the printer.
> >
> > Thanks!!!

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You need to get in contact with HP Support about this.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"jbalcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've checked the support sight several times and haven't seen any info on
> x64
> for the 1012. Do you have a link incase I'm just being totally blind?
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" wrote:
>
>> HP has XP x64 printer driver info on each of their printer pages under
>> their
>> Support and Troubleshooting section on the HP site.
>>
>> "jbalcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > My copy of x64 finally came in yesterday so I am looking to line up all
>> > the
>> > drivers I need.
>> >
>> > So far I've located drivers for:
>> > My processor and MB.
>> > Soundboard.
>> > Raid.
>> > Video Board.
>> > Epson r200 Photo Printer.
>> > Logitech Keyboard/mouse.
>> > HP's DVD burner with Lightscribe.
>> >
>> > Now all I need are drivers for:
>> > Epson 4180 Scanner.
>> > HP Laserjet 1012 (connected by IP)
>> >
>> > If there are no drivers available, can someone point me to a work
>> > around
>> > on
>> > these? Especially the printer.
>> >
>> > Thanks!!!

Charlie Russel - MVP

read the content not just the link to HP.

So, you have a 1012. Great. I don't follow HP printers on a daily basis, so I
have no idea what that printer might have for features and abilities. Given
that, YOU need to help in the process. So, look at your printer's features
and abilities, and then look at the supported printers. Pick the closest
match, and you're in business. As I've said before, there are two main
printer languages - Postscript and PCL. If you have an HP LaserJet printer,
it uses one version or another of PCL, and _may_ use Postscript as well. So
pick a printer that has similar features, and it should work fine. You may
have a few differences, but it should provide basic print functionality.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

jbalcius wrote:
> I came accross that link earlier, but, the HP link doesn't cover any
> Laserjet printers. It makes reference to PCL printers, but I'm not
> sure what to do with that. any advice?
>
> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> Scanner drivers are hard to find, you definitely need to get in
>> contact with Epson about that, as for the HP Printer, please read
>> the following link by Charlie Russel:
>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../18/54021.aspx
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>> FAQ for MS AntiSpy
>>
>> "jbalcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> My copy of x64 finally came in yesterday so I am looking to line up
>>> all the
>>> drivers I need.
>>>
>>> So far I've located drivers for:
>>> My processor and MB.
>>> Soundboard.
>>> Raid.
>>> Video Board.
>>> Epson r200 Photo Printer.
>>> Logitech Keyboard/mouse.
>>> HP's DVD burner with Lightscribe.
>>>
>>> Now all I need are drivers for:
>>> Epson 4180 Scanner.
>>> HP Laserjet 1012 (connected by IP)
>>>
>>> If there are no drivers available, can someone point me to a work
>>> around on
>>> these? Especially the printer.
>>>
>>> Thanks!!!

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Its sad you had to go through the extra effort to get the point across.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> read the content not just the link to HP.
>
> So, you have a 1012. Great. I don't follow HP printers on a daily basis,
> so I have no idea what that printer might have for features and abilities.
> Given that, YOU need to help in the process. So, look at your printer's
> features and abilities, and then look at the supported printers. Pick the
> closest match, and you're in business. As I've said before, there are two
> main printer languages - Postscript and PCL. If you have an HP LaserJet
> printer, it uses one version or another of PCL, and _may_ use Postscript
> as well. So pick a printer that has similar features, and it should work
> fine. You may have a few differences, but it should provide basic print
> functionality.
>

> --
> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> ======================
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> jbalcius wrote:
>> I came accross that link earlier, but, the HP link doesn't cover any
>> Laserjet printers. It makes reference to PCL printers, but I'm not
>> sure what to do with that. any advice?
>>
>> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>>
>>> Scanner drivers are hard to find, you definitely need to get in
>>> contact with Epson about that, as for the HP Printer, please read
>>> the following link by Charlie Russel:
>>> http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../18/54021.aspx
>>> --
>>> Andre
>>> FAQ for MS AntiSpy
>>> http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>>>
>>> "jbalcius" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Charlie Russel - MVP

Not sad. Sad is the death of the Australian bicycle rider and the
hospitalization of her 5 teammates in Germany, two in critical condition. But
certainly unfortunate. However, that' s the nature of the public newsgroups,
and I've stopped worrying about it. Sometimes I take the time to say it
again. And again. Othertimes, I just let them flow past me. Depends on my
mood, my time, and the phases of the moon.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================
Charlie.
http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> Its sad you had to go through the extra effort to get the point
> across.
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> read the content not just the link to HP.
>>
>> So, you have a 1012. Great. I don't follow HP printers on a daily
>> basis, so I have no idea what that printer might have for features
>> and abilities. Given that, YOU need to help in the process. So, look
>> at your printer's features and abilities, and then look at the
>> supported printers. Pick the closest match, and you're in business.
>> As I've said before, there are two main printer languages -
>> Postscript and PCL. If you have an HP LaserJet printer, it uses one
>> version or another of PCL, and _may_ use Postscript as well. So pick
>> a printer that has similar features, and it should work fine. You
>> may have a few differences, but it should provide basic print
>> functionality. --
>> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
>> ======================
>> Charlie.
>> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>>

>> jbalcius wrote:
>>> I came accross that link earlier, but, the HP link doesn't cover any
>>> Laserjet printers. It makes reference to PCL printers, but I'm not
>>> sure what to do with that. any advice?

Jimmy

I agree. I couldn't make any practical sense of it either. Postscript -
PCL(one version or another), cute, but which available printer drivers have
which. What similar features, speed, printing selection (front to back,
etc) USB vs. Parallel connection, dpi selections. ?????