Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Wireless Network Adapter

Wireless Network Adapter

=?Utf-8?B?TGVu?=

Can anyone recommend a good 802.11g card for my 64-bit box. My D-Link does
not have a driver available. In fact I am having trouble finding a card that
has a driver for XP 64-bit from any manufacturer including Microsoft.

Larry

My HP 5000z laptop (x64, nforce, and gforce drivers, AMS 64 3700+ mobile
cpu.) has a broadcom wireless adapter which works vrey well on both 802.11b
and 11g.
"Len" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone recommend a good 802.11g card for my 64-bit box. My D-Link does
> not have a driver available. In fact I am having trouble finding a card
> that
> has a driver for XP 64-bit from any manufacturer including Microsoft.

DKI

Best bet is to look for a braodcom based wireless card. The OS has drivers
for broadcom based cards included and work fine.
"Len" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone recommend a good 802.11g card for my 64-bit box. My D-Link does
> not have a driver available. In fact I am having trouble finding a card
> that
> has a driver for XP 64-bit from any manufacturer including Microsoft.

warpsix

Len wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good 802.11g card for my 64-bit box. My D-Link does
> not have a driver available. In fact I am having trouble finding a card that
> has a driver for XP 64-bit from any manufacturer including Microsoft.

I bought a asus wifi g card (no model number on the box but the blue and
white box said 4 in 1 solutions)and downloaded the drivers from the
planetamd.com and the drivers worked fine but the one touch software did
not. but it is working fine with the other computers

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

My Linksys works fine with the Ralink 2500 drivers.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

"Len" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can anyone recommend a good 802.11g card for my 64-bit box. My D-Link does
> not have a driver available. In fact I am having trouble finding a card
> that
> has a driver for XP 64-bit from any manufacturer including Microsoft.

M. Murcek

I'm also using a zv5000z with x64 Edition. I like it a lot.

"Larry" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My HP 5000z laptop (x64, nforce, and gforce drivers, AMS 64 3700+ mobile
> cpu.) has a broadcom wireless adapter which works vrey well on both
> 802.11b and 11g.
> "Len" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can anyone recommend a good 802.11g card for my 64-bit box. My D-Link
>> does
>> not have a driver available. In fact I am having trouble finding a card
>> that
>> has a driver for XP 64-bit from any manufacturer including Microsoft.

Steve Thompson