Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > "Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Reboot

"Error Loading Operating System" After X64 CD Install and Reboot

=?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=

I recently purchased Microsoft Windows XP x64 Professional Edition for my
computer that I built. It has a Intel Pentium 4 630 Prescott 3.0GHz Processor
with hyper-threading and 64-bit abilities. After I booted the installation
disk for Windows, formatted the hard drive (full format, not quick way), and
it copied all of the necessary files... it rebooted the system. I ejected the
CD so that the hard disk would boot... I get the error: "Error Loading
Operating System". I tried reformatting the hard drive and starting the
installation process over a couple times, same result. I read some other
posts that are roughly similiar to mine and it seems everyone is having
problems with their drivers and SATA drives, etc. I am just using an IDE ATA
hard drive. The only hardware that I have connected to the motherboard are my
ATI Radeon 9100 PCI graphics card, CD burner, and hard drive. Does anyone
have any idea what may be causing my problem? Thanks!

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You sure the hard disk is connected properly?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Enixile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently purchased Microsoft Windows XP x64 Professional Edition for my
> computer that I built. It has a Intel Pentium 4 630 Prescott 3.0GHz
> Processor
> with hyper-threading and 64-bit abilities. After I booted the installation
> disk for Windows, formatted the hard drive (full format, not quick way),
> and
> it copied all of the necessary files... it rebooted the system. I ejected
> the
> CD so that the hard disk would boot... I get the error: "Error Loading
> Operating System". I tried reformatting the hard drive and starting the
> installation process over a couple times, same result. I read some other
> posts that are roughly similiar to mine and it seems everyone is having
> problems with their drivers and SATA drives, etc. I am just using an IDE
> ATA
> hard drive. The only hardware that I have connected to the motherboard are
> my
> ATI Radeon 9100 PCI graphics card, CD burner, and hard drive. Does anyone
> have any idea what may be causing my problem? Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=

I believe so... the motherboard recognizes it and its size properly... does
that means its connected properly? I have it connected as my single master
hard drive.

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> You sure the hard disk is connected properly?
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Enixile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I recently purchased Microsoft Windows XP x64 Professional Edition for my
> > computer that I built. It has a Intel Pentium 4 630 Prescott 3.0GHz
> > Processor
> > with hyper-threading and 64-bit abilities. After I booted the installation
> > disk for Windows, formatted the hard drive (full format, not quick way),
> > and
> > it copied all of the necessary files... it rebooted the system. I ejected
> > the
> > CD so that the hard disk would boot... I get the error: "Error Loading
> > Operating System". I tried reformatting the hard drive and starting the
> > installation process over a couple times, same result. I read some other
> > posts that are roughly similiar to mine and it seems everyone is having
> > problems with their drivers and SATA drives, etc. I am just using an IDE
> > ATA
> > hard drive. The only hardware that I have connected to the motherboard are
> > my
> > ATI Radeon 9100 PCI graphics card, CD burner, and hard drive. Does anyone
> > have any idea what may be causing my problem? Thanks!

John Barnes

Leave the cd in place.

"Enixile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I recently purchased Microsoft Windows XP x64 Professional Edition for my
> computer that I built. It has a Intel Pentium 4 630 Prescott 3.0GHz
> Processor
> with hyper-threading and 64-bit abilities. After I booted the installation
> disk for Windows, formatted the hard drive (full format, not quick way),
> and
> it copied all of the necessary files... it rebooted the system. I ejected
> the
> CD so that the hard disk would boot... I get the error: "Error Loading
> Operating System". I tried reformatting the hard drive and starting the
> installation process over a couple times, same result. I read some other
> posts that are roughly similiar to mine and it seems everyone is having
> problems with their drivers and SATA drives, etc. I am just using an IDE
> ATA
> hard drive. The only hardware that I have connected to the motherboard are
> my
> ATI Radeon 9100 PCI graphics card, CD burner, and hard drive. Does anyone
> have any idea what may be causing my problem? Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=

I left the CD in originally, but it booted itself and wanted me to go back
through the process of what I've already done. I also tried changing so the
CD boots after hard drive (and I left the CD in)... I still have the same
error.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> Leave the cd in place.
>

> "Enixile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I recently purchased Microsoft Windows XP x64 Professional Edition for my
> > computer that I built. It has a Intel Pentium 4 630 Prescott 3.0GHz
> > Processor
> > with hyper-threading and 64-bit abilities. After I booted the installation
> > disk for Windows, formatted the hard drive (full format, not quick way),
> > and
> > it copied all of the necessary files... it rebooted the system. I ejected
> > the
> > CD so that the hard disk would boot... I get the error: "Error Loading
> > Operating System". I tried reformatting the hard drive and starting the
> > installation process over a couple times, same result. I read some other
> > posts that are roughly similiar to mine and it seems everyone is having
> > problems with their drivers and SATA drives, etc. I am just using an IDE
> > ATA
> > hard drive. The only hardware that I have connected to the motherboard are
> > my
> > ATI Radeon 9100 PCI graphics card, CD burner, and hard drive. Does anyone
> > have any idea what may be causing my problem? Thanks!

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Do you have more than one optical drive connected? Try installing XP Pro x64
from the other optical drive (if you do have one) and see if the
installation goes as planned. I still say something is not connected
properly or its possible a corrupt hard disk.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Enixile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I left the CD in originally, but it booted itself and wanted me to go back
> through the process of what I've already done. I also tried changing so
> the
> CD boots after hard drive (and I left the CD in)... I still have the same
> error.
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> Leave the cd in place.
>>

>> "Enixile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I recently purchased Microsoft Windows XP x64 Professional Edition for
>> >my
>> > computer that I built. It has a Intel Pentium 4 630 Prescott 3.0GHz
>> > Processor
>> > with hyper-threading and 64-bit abilities. After I booted the
>> > installation
>> > disk for Windows, formatted the hard drive (full format, not quick
>> > way),
>> > and
>> > it copied all of the necessary files... it rebooted the system. I
>> > ejected
>> > the
>> > CD so that the hard disk would boot... I get the error: "Error Loading
>> > Operating System". I tried reformatting the hard drive and starting the
>> > installation process over a couple times, same result. I read some
>> > other
>> > posts that are roughly similiar to mine and it seems everyone is having
>> > problems with their drivers and SATA drives, etc. I am just using an
>> > IDE
>> > ATA
>> > hard drive. The only hardware that I have connected to the motherboard
>> > are
>> > my
>> > ATI Radeon 9100 PCI graphics card, CD burner, and hard drive. Does
>> > anyone
>> > have any idea what may be causing my problem? Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=

I should hope the hard disk isn't corrupt, I just purchased it... and I did
have Windows XP 32-bit edition running on it fine... and optical drive? You
mean like a CD or DVD drive? I have two in the case, but I only have a CD
burner connected to the motherboard, which I'm using the for the Windows
disk. I will try my DVD burner now.

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> Do you have more than one optical drive connected? Try installing XP Pro x64
> from the other optical drive (if you do have one) and see if the
> installation goes as planned. I still say something is not connected
> properly or its possible a corrupt hard disk.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Enixile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I left the CD in originally, but it booted itself and wanted me to go back
> > through the process of what I've already done. I also tried changing so
> > the
> > CD boots after hard drive (and I left the CD in)... I still have the same
> > error.
> >
> > "John Barnes" wrote:
> >
> >> Leave the cd in place.
> >>

> >> "Enixile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

John Barnes

What motherboard are you using and what chipset does it have. Also are you
using RAID? Does the BIOS show the hard drive correctly? Have you tried to
fix the partition boot sector or MBR using recovery console. Also what are
the specifics of your drive. One drive only or multiple drives?

"Enixile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I left the CD in originally, but it booted itself and wanted me to go back
> through the process of what I've already done. I also tried changing so
> the
> CD boots after hard drive (and I left the CD in)... I still have the same
> error.
>
> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> Leave the cd in place.
>>

>> "Enixile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I recently purchased Microsoft Windows XP x64 Professional Edition for
>> >my
>> > computer that I built. It has a Intel Pentium 4 630 Prescott 3.0GHz
>> > Processor
>> > with hyper-threading and 64-bit abilities. After I booted the
>> > installation
>> > disk for Windows, formatted the hard drive (full format, not quick
>> > way),
>> > and
>> > it copied all of the necessary files... it rebooted the system. I
>> > ejected
>> > the
>> > CD so that the hard disk would boot... I get the error: "Error Loading
>> > Operating System". I tried reformatting the hard drive and starting the
>> > installation process over a couple times, same result. I read some
>> > other
>> > posts that are roughly similiar to mine and it seems everyone is having
>> > problems with their drivers and SATA drives, etc. I am just using an
>> > IDE
>> > ATA
>> > hard drive. The only hardware that I have connected to the motherboard
>> > are
>> > my
>> > ATI Radeon 9100 PCI graphics card, CD burner, and hard drive. Does
>> > anyone
>> > have any idea what may be causing my problem? Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=

I am using a GIGABYTE GA-8IPE775-G motherboard... I'm not exactly sure what a
chipset is... does that have something to do with built in graphics? My
motherboard doesn't have integrated graphics, I use an ATI Radeon 9100 128MB
RAM PCI graphics card. When it turns on it says something about an Intel
thing which might be the chipset? Not really sure, I will check, but right
now I'm trying to install Windows XP x64 by my DVD drive... so I can't.
....but I have only one hard drive (120GB) and two optical drives (Master: CD
burner, Slave: DVD burner). I did try using the fixboot features of the
recovery console, no luck.

"John Barnes" wrote:

> What motherboard are you using and what chipset does it have. Also are you
> using RAID? Does the BIOS show the hard drive correctly? Have you tried to
> fix the partition boot sector or MBR using recovery console. Also what are
> the specifics of your drive. One drive only or multiple drives?
>

> "Enixile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I left the CD in originally, but it booted itself and wanted me to go back
> > through the process of what I've already done. I also tried changing so
> > the
> > CD boots after hard drive (and I left the CD in)... I still have the same
> > error.
> >
> > "John Barnes" wrote:
> >
> >> Leave the cd in place.
> >>

> >> "Enixile" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?RW5peGlsZQ==?=

I forgot to say I'm not sure what RAID is... so I donno if I am using it.