Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > indeo codec for win64

indeo codec for win64

=?Utf-8?B?cGFtYW5kYQ==?=

anyone know if there's a way to get the indeo 5 codec working on win64?

it looks like it does not come with win64 by default... it does not appear
in system information->system summary->components->multimedia->video codecs

i saw some related msdn/mskb articles about it being pulled from winxp sp1,
and about ligos taking over support for it, but it was apparently re-added in
winxp sp2 and there is a free download (Q327979) from microsoft which works
on regular 32-bit winxp but does not work on my win64 system

thank you!

Joseph Conway [MSFT]

It wasnt recoded for x64, I will see if there is any chance it might be.

James Park

Try running the following:

regsvr32 %windir%\syswow64\ir50_32.dll

"pamanda" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> anyone know if there's a way to get the indeo 5 codec working on win64?
>
> it looks like it does not come with win64 by default... it does not appear
> in system information->system summary->components->multimedia->video
> codecs
>
> i saw some related msdn/mskb articles about it being pulled from winxp
> sp1,
> and about ligos taking over support for it, but it was apparently re-added
> in
> winxp sp2 and there is a free download (Q327979) from microsoft which
> works
> on regular 32-bit winxp but does not work on my win64 system
>
> thank you!

Joseph Conway [MSFT]

As a followup, there arent plans to make a 64bit version of the codec

=?Utf-8?B?cGFtYW5kYQ==?=

hmmm, it still doesn't work

i don't see the codec show up under system information, and i still can't
play videos w/ indeo 5

thanks though!

"James Park" wrote:

> Try running the following:
>
> regsvr32 %windir%\syswow64\ir50_32.dll

James Park

It doesn't show up in my System Information either, but it still works.
Maybe your video file is in a different format.