Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > no win update/xp64

no win update/xp64

=?Utf-8?B?cmljaGFyZA==?=

hiya
i got an athlon 64 with dual win32/win64...
it wont update at all...and as far as i can tell,theres no activex to
autoupdate...(???)
i have full internet funcionality...it just dont update...?
help!

Wessel Troost

> it wont update at all...and as far as i can tell,theres no activex to
> autoupdate...(???)

Can you be more specific?

What kind of behaviour did you expect, and what didn't happen?

Greetings,
Wessel

=?Utf-8?B?cmljaGFyZA==?=

well,i tried to update win64 after installation,and windows updats website
didnt work...it fired a .dll at me,which i accepted,and /amd64 was in the
http string,so im assuming it knew what i wanted,but it wouldnt work...i
tried the things that the site told me to do,like changing the activex status
at the top of the browser window...there wasnt one there to change...
no way of changing the activex stuff at all,actually...except for in
internet options,which i had already changed...

"Wessel Troost" wrote:

> > it wont update at all...and as far as i can tell,theres no activex to
> > autoupdate...(???)

> Can you be more specific?
>
> What kind of behaviour did you expect, and what didn't happen?
>
> Greetings,
> Wessel

R. C. White

Hi, Richard.

Have you tried it with the 32-bit version of IE?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> well,i tried to update win64 after installation,and windows updats website
> didnt work...it fired a .dll at me,which i accepted,and /amd64 was in the
> http string,so im assuming it knew what i wanted,but it wouldnt work...i
> tried the things that the site told me to do,like changing the activex
> status
> at the top of the browser window...there wasnt one there to change...
> no way of changing the activex stuff at all,actually...except for in
> internet options,which i had already changed...
>
> "Wessel Troost" wrote:
>
>> > it wont update at all...and as far as i can tell,theres no activex to
>> > autoupdate...(???)

>> Can you be more specific?
>>
>> What kind of behaviour did you expect, and what didn't happen?
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Wessel

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Do you have Automatic Updates enabled? Go to the properties of My Computer >
Automatic Updates (tab) > select Automatic (recommended) click OK.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hiya
> i got an athlon 64 with dual win32/win64...
> it wont update at all...and as far as i can tell,theres no activex to
> autoupdate...(???)
> i have full internet funcionality...it just dont update...?
> help!

Andrew Ahearne

If you are running as a limited user it won't work either.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hiya
> i got an athlon 64 with dual win32/win64...
> it wont update at all...and as far as i can tell,theres no activex to
> autoupdate...(???)
> i have full internet funcionality...it just dont update...?
> help!

Wessel Troost

> Have you tried it with the 32-bit version of IE?

When I try with the 64-bit version, it says:

We need to open a 32-bit version of Internet Explorer

After that it works fine.

To the original poster: it would help if you gave more literal description
of what happens. What do you mean by "firing a DLL" for example. Do you
mean it's asking you to install an ActiveX?

Greetings,
Wessel

John Barnes

Like pulling teeth with a tweezers.