Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Computer Description

Computer Description

=?Utf-8?B?Q3liZXJHdXk=?=

Has anybody noticed that you can't change the computer description in Windows
XP Professional x64 Edition?

Wessel Troost

> Has anybody noticed that you can't change the computer description in
> Windows
> XP Professional x64 Edition?

Right click on My Computer -> Properties -> tab Computer Name.

Works fine here?

Greetings,
Wessel

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Its not that different from regular Windows XP x86.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"CyberGuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anybody noticed that you can't change the computer description in
> Windows
> XP Professional x64 Edition?

=?Utf-8?B?Q3liZXJHdXk=?=

That's exactly what I'm doing, but I can't enter anything in the text box. No
flashing cursor, nothing. I haven't noticed any problems with anything else.
It must be something unique to my installation or possibly an ATI driver bug,
who knows. At least I know it's working for other people and probably isn't a
Windows x64 bug.

"Wessel Troost" wrote:

> > Has anybody noticed that you can't change the computer description in
> > Windows
> > XP Professional x64 Edition?

> Right click on My Computer -> Properties -> tab Computer Name.
>
> Works fine here?
>
> Greetings,
> Wessel

Wessel Troost

> That's exactly what I'm doing, but I can't enter anything in the text
> box.

Are you logged on as a member of the Administrators group?

Greetings,
Wessel

=?Utf-8?B?Q3liZXJHdXk=?=

Yes. The same thing happens under the Administrator account.

"Wessel Troost" wrote:

> > That's exactly what I'm doing, but I can't enter anything in the text
> > box.

> Are you logged on as a member of the Administrators group?
>
> Greetings,
> Wessel

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Are you networked with another PC at the moment? If you are disconnect the
network cable and try again. Or create a new Administrative account and try
changing the computer description or run the network setup wizard then try
changing the description during the wizard.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"CyberGuy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yes. The same thing happens under the Administrator account.
>
> "Wessel Troost" wrote:
>
>> > That's exactly what I'm doing, but I can't enter anything in the text
>> > box.

>> Are you logged on as a member of the Administrators group?
>>
>> Greetings,
>> Wessel

Computer running kinda wierd....(description inside) Nook Computer Support 6 04-27-2005 01:54 PM
VHDL RTL description Zyd VHDL 1 04-14-2004 10:59 AM
recursive description with generate and processes Joerg Ritter VHDL 10 12-06-2003 10:24 PM
Download Dialog Defies Description... David Harrison Firefox 0 09-08-2003 01:37 PM
XML for VHDL documention and structural description of Hardware SoC Amontec Team VHDL 0 07-11-2003 02:29 PM

Advertisments