Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Install Windows XP x64

Install Windows XP x64

=?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmNpcw==?=

Hello all,

I just set up a new rig: ASUS A8V Deluxe, AMD 64 3200+, 1 GB Kingston, 80 GB
Seagate SATA, 80 GB Maxtor EIDE, ATI Radeon 9600XT.

I am installing Windows XP x64 on the SATA drive (connected to the VIA
K8T800 Pro Controller). I succesfully used the F6 method to get Windows x64
to recognize the SATA drive using dirvers provided from ASUS. After
selecting the SATA drive and formatting, Windows asks for a "VIA RAID Combo
Driver Diskette" to be inserted in the floppy drive. I have tried what I
thought was the right disk (VIA Hyperion Pro 0.99) to get past this issue,
but this did not work.

I am currently stuck here...I have no idea what to do now.

Also, I should mention that Windows x64 recognizes the SATA drive when I
install x64 on the IDE drive...I was reading/writing data from the SATA
drive. So, the SATA drive works fine.

Please HELP!!!!!

Thanks,

Francis

Rick

You need to go to www.viaarena.com and download the latest drivers. The
version you are trying to use are old and do not have the required
decorations.

Francis wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I just set up a new rig: ASUS A8V Deluxe, AMD 64 3200+, 1 GB Kingston, 80 GB
> Seagate SATA, 80 GB Maxtor EIDE, ATI Radeon 9600XT.
>
> I am installing Windows XP x64 on the SATA drive (connected to the VIA
> K8T800 Pro Controller). I succesfully used the F6 method to get Windows x64
> to recognize the SATA drive using dirvers provided from ASUS. After
> selecting the SATA drive and formatting, Windows asks for a "VIA RAID Combo
> Driver Diskette" to be inserted in the floppy drive. I have tried what I
> thought was the right disk (VIA Hyperion Pro 0.99) to get past this issue,
> but this did not work.
>
> I am currently stuck here...I have no idea what to do now.
>
> Also, I should mention that Windows x64 recognizes the SATA drive when I
> install x64 on the IDE drive...I was reading/writing data from the SATA
> drive. So, the SATA drive works fine.
>
> Please HELP!!!!!
>
> Thanks,
>
> Francis

John Barnes

Also make sure you get the 64-bit version.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You need to go to www.viaarena.com and download the latest drivers. The
> version you are trying to use are old and do not have the required
> decorations.
>

> Francis wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I just set up a new rig: ASUS A8V Deluxe, AMD 64 3200+, 1 GB Kingston, 80
>> GB Seagate SATA, 80 GB Maxtor EIDE, ATI Radeon 9600XT.
>>
>> I am installing Windows XP x64 on the SATA drive (connected to the VIA
>> K8T800 Pro Controller). I succesfully used the F6 method to get Windows
>> x64 to recognize the SATA drive using dirvers provided from ASUS. After
>> selecting the SATA drive and formatting, Windows asks for a "VIA RAID
>> Combo Driver Diskette" to be inserted in the floppy drive. I have tried
>> what I thought was the right disk (VIA Hyperion Pro 0.99) to get past
>> this issue, but this did not work.
>>
>> I am currently stuck here...I have no idea what to do now.
>>
>> Also, I should mention that Windows x64 recognizes the SATA drive when I
>> install x64 on the IDE drive...I was reading/writing data from the SATA
>> drive. So, the SATA drive works fine.
>>
>> Please HELP!!!!!
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Francis

Rick

I would think that should be intuitively obvious to the even most casual
observer.

John Barnes wrote:
> Also make sure you get the 64-bit version.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>You need to go to www.viaarena.com and download the latest drivers. The
>>version you are trying to use are old and do not have the required
>>decorations.
>>

>>Francis wrote:
>>
>>>Hello all,
>>>
>>>I just set up a new rig: ASUS A8V Deluxe, AMD 64 3200+, 1 GB Kingston, 80
>>>GB Seagate SATA, 80 GB Maxtor EIDE, ATI Radeon 9600XT.
>>>
>>>I am installing Windows XP x64 on the SATA drive (connected to the VIA
>>>K8T800 Pro Controller). I succesfully used the F6 method to get Windows
>>>x64 to recognize the SATA drive using dirvers provided from ASUS. After
>>>selecting the SATA drive and formatting, Windows asks for a "VIA RAID
>>>Combo Driver Diskette" to be inserted in the floppy drive. I have tried
>>>what I thought was the right disk (VIA Hyperion Pro 0.99) to get past
>>>this issue, but this did not work.
>>>
>>>I am currently stuck here...I have no idea what to do now.
>>>
>>>Also, I should mention that Windows x64 recognizes the SATA drive when I
>>>install x64 on the IDE drive...I was reading/writing data from the SATA
>>>drive. So, the SATA drive works fine.
>>>
>>>Please HELP!!!!!
>>>
>>>Thanks,
>>>
>>>Francis

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
Updated drivers is more than likely the correct answer.
It's too early for decorations to be the issue, that wouldn't happen until
after the first reboot.
It's looking for the disk with the volume label "VIA RAID Combo Driver
Diskette".
Probably something in the txtsetup.oem file on the initial disk is pointing
to this disk.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
<Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 12:46:31 -0400
<From: Rick <(E-Mail Removed)>
<Subject: Re: Install Windows XP x64
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
<
<John Barnes wrote:
<> Also make sure you get the 64-bit version.
<>
<>
<> "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
<> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
<>
<>>You need to go to www.viaarena.com and download the latest drivers. The
<>>version you are trying to use are old and do not have the required
<>>decorations.
<>>
<>>
<>>Francis wrote: