Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > AOL Explorer on x64

AOL Explorer on x64

Rick

There's a new AOL Explorer that will load and run on x64. Go to the
following URL to download the installer:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...r/1107803894/1

Please note the I do not subscribe to AOL.

I just wanted to see if their new AOL Explorer would run on x64 since
there have been inquiries about AOL on x64, and it does install and run.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You are encouraging this??? :-s
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> There's a new AOL Explorer that will load and run on x64. Go to the
> following URL to download the installer:
>
> http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...r/1107803894/1
>
> Please note the I do not subscribe to AOL.
>
> I just wanted to see if their new AOL Explorer would run on x64 since
> there have been inquiries about AOL on x64, and it does install and run.

Al Swearengen

Even parasites have the right to exist.
AOL Explorer is another example of parasitic behavior.
It leeches itself to IE but is not a browser by itself.
It is a very simple alternative to the big and bulky AOL browser.

Al Swearengen Proprietor
Gem Saloon
Deadwood
Dakota Territory

Post On

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> You are encouraging this??? :-s
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> There's a new AOL Explorer that will load and run on x64. Go to the
>> following URL to download the installer:
>>
>> http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...r/1107803894/1
>>
>> Please note the I do not subscribe to AOL.
>>
>> I just wanted to see if their new AOL Explorer would run on x64 since
>> there have been inquiries about AOL on x64, and it does install and run.

Colin Barnhorst

Thanks for the report!

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> There's a new AOL Explorer that will load and run on x64. Go to the
> following URL to download the installer:
>
> http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...r/1107803894/1
>
> Please note the I do not subscribe to AOL.
>
> I just wanted to see if their new AOL Explorer would run on x64 since
> there have been inquiries about AOL on x64, and it does install and run.

NoNoBadDog!

My God, man! Most folks smart enough to install and run Windows XP
Professional x64 Edition would rather poke their eyes with knitting needles
that install AOHELL on their computer. Please do not promote the POS
garbage that AOL.

Bobby

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> There's a new AOL Explorer that will load and run on x64. Go to the
> following URL to download the installer:
>
> http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...r/1107803894/1
>
> Please note the I do not subscribe to AOL.
>
> I just wanted to see if their new AOL Explorer would run on x64 since
> there have been inquiries about AOL on x64, and it does install and run.

M. Murcek

It *IS* a connection to the Internet, and prejudices aside, it's what some
people are already paying for. If they've made it possible for their
subscribers to run on x64, then they're helping spur more widespread
adoption, and that's good for us all over the long-haul...

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> There's a new AOL Explorer that will load and run on x64. Go to the
> following URL to download the installer:
>
> http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...r/1107803894/1
>
> Please note the I do not subscribe to AOL.
>
> I just wanted to see if their new AOL Explorer would run on x64 since
> there have been inquiries about AOL on x64, and it does install and run.

Colin Barnhorst

There's no reason to flame someone for reporting on x64 software
compatibility. After all, a lot of us have asked each other to do just
that. You're acting towards AOL like a Rantintosh owner towards Windows.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> My God, man! Most folks smart enough to install and run Windows XP
> Professional x64 Edition would rather poke their eyes with knitting
> needles that install AOHELL on their computer. Please do not promote the
> POS garbage that AOL.
>
> Bobby

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> There's a new AOL Explorer that will load and run on x64. Go to the
>> following URL to download the installer:
>>
>> http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...r/1107803894/1
>>
>> Please note the I do not subscribe to AOL.
>>
>> I just wanted to see if their new AOL Explorer would run on x64 since
>> there have been inquiries about AOL on x64, and it does install and run.

NoNoBadDog!

Colin;

It was not a flame...just wanted to ask him not to promote parasitic
software.

Bobby

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> There's no reason to flame someone for reporting on x64 software
> compatibility. After all, a lot of us have asked each other to do just
> that. You're acting towards AOL like a Rantintosh owner towards Windows.
>
> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> My God, man! Most folks smart enough to install and run Windows XP
>> Professional x64 Edition would rather poke their eyes with knitting
>> needles that install AOHELL on their computer. Please do not promote the
>> POS garbage that AOL.
>>
>> Bobby
>>

>> "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> There's a new AOL Explorer that will load and run on x64. Go to the
>>> following URL to download the installer:
>>>
>>> http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...r/1107803894/1
>>>
>>> Please note the I do not subscribe to AOL.
>>>
>>> I just wanted to see if their new AOL Explorer would run on x64 since
>>> there have been inquiries about AOL on x64, and it does install and run.

Paul Nutt

Parasitic?

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Colin;
>
> It was not a flame...just wanted to ask him not to promote parasitic
> software.
>
> Bobby
>
> "Colin Barnhorst" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> There's no reason to flame someone for reporting on x64 software
>> compatibility. After all, a lot of us have asked each other to do just
>> that. You're acting towards AOL like a Rantintosh owner towards Windows.
>>
>> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> My God, man! Most folks smart enough to install and run Windows XP
>>> Professional x64 Edition would rather poke their eyes with knitting
>>> needles that install AOHELL on their computer. Please do not promote
>>> the POS garbage that AOL.
>>>
>>> Bobby
>>>

>>> "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

Colin Barnhorst

As in 'rides on top of IE6.' But then a lot of web services do that.
I would have chosen 'integrated with', but who am I?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...