Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > 180 day trial over after power lost.. need help to fix this?

180 day trial over after power lost.. need help to fix this?

=?Utf-8?B?amF5bnB0?=

I lost my power to my computer today when i started it back up my cpu clock
was worng so now it say that my 180 trial software is over. is there anyway
to fix that or do i have to do a full install... ???

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Hello,
You can boot to Safe Mode and log on with the Local Administrator account
to retrieve any data.
Even with the evaluation period expiration, that option should always be
available.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"jaynpt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I lost my power to my computer today when i started it back up my cpu clock
> was worng so now it say that my 180 trial software is over. is there
> anyway
> to fix that or do i have to do a full install... ???

John Barnes

See the thread under Help XP64 Evaluation Edition Ended Early dated 7/9/2005
Seems to be covered well there.

"jaynpt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I lost my power to my computer today when i started it back up my cpu clock
> was worng so now it say that my 180 trial software is over. is there
> anyway
> to fix that or do i have to do a full install... ???

=?Utf-8?B?amF5bnB0?=

that was the 1st thing i tried was safe mode it sad the same thing that i my
180 trial was over then after that it restarted.. thanks

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Any adjustments to clock/calendar forward or back are cumulative and
irreversible.
Once the time bomb has gone off your only option is a Clean Installation if
you still want to use the product.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"jaynpt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I lost my power to my computer today when i started it back up my cpu clock
> was worng so now it say that my 180 trial software is over. is there
> anyway
> to fix that or do i have to do a full install... ???

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Seems like a clean install then.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"jaynpt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> that was the 1st thing i tried was safe mode it sad the same thing that i
> my
> 180 trial was over then after that it restarted.. thanks

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
It has to be Safe Mode and Safe Mode only.
It cannot be Safe Mode with Networking.
I know that Safe Mode works to allow access.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
<From: =?Utf-8?B?amF5bnB0?= <(E-Mail Removed)>
<Subject: Re: 180 day trial over after power lost.. need help to fix this?
<Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 11:53:06 -0700
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
<
<
<
<that was the 1st thing i tried was safe mode it sad the same thing that i
my
<180 trial was over then after that it restarted.. thanks
<

Harry Ohrn

"jaynpt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I lost my power to my computer today when i started it back up my cpu

clock
> was worng so now it say that my 180 trial software is over. is there

anyway
> to fix that or do i have to do a full install... ???

This is not an answer to your problem but losing power to a computer should
not reset the CMOS. For example you can simulate a power outage by
unplugging a system while it is running. When you restart the computer the
date and other BIOS setting should not have been changed. However a power
surge which often accompanies a power outage could affect the motherboard.
Check to ensure your system isn't damaged.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I have had about 40 odd power cuts over the past 2 days, so I should have
damaged system too.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Harry Ohrn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "jaynpt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I lost my power to my computer today when i started it back up my cpu

> clock
>> was worng so now it say that my 180 trial software is over. is there

> anyway
>> to fix that or do i have to do a full install... ???

> This is not an answer to your problem but losing power to a computer
> should
> not reset the CMOS. For example you can simulate a power outage by
> unplugging a system while it is running. When you restart the computer the
> date and other BIOS setting should not have been changed. However a power
> surge which often accompanies a power outage could affect the motherboard.
> Check to ensure your system isn't damaged.
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

Al Swearengen

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:uE%234XI%(E-Mail Removed)...
I have had about 40 odd power cuts over the past 2 days, so I should have
damaged system too.

I live in the state that gets the most lightning strikes..Maybe even the
world. (Lovely Florida, USA)
Had one strike so close to the house, that it snapped the coaxial input
cable for my Amateur radio antenna, blew out a microwave oven, VCR, and
several of the high hats in my ceiling light fixture just fell out of the
ceiling.

My PC never flinched though :~] (Love my UPS)

The same strike took out my neighbors modem, sound card and alarm system.
It sounded like a bomb going off and the flash of the lightning and the boom
of the thunder occurred simultaneously.

Also, CMOS, (BIOS), will not reset upon power failure unless the battery is
dead or missing.
Normal use will give you roughly 5-7 years for cmos back-up.

Al Swearengen Proprietor
Gem Saloon
Deadwood, S.D.