Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Explorer integration

Explorer integration

Wessel Troost

Hi group,

Two applications I installed (WinRAR and UltraEdit) usually integrate with
Windows Explorer. They don't on 64-bit windows; I don't get a context
menu saying "Open with UltraEdit" or "Create archive...".

Why would explorer integration fail in 64-bit windows?

Greetings,
Wessel

WM

Because the browser shell extensions they have are 32-bit. You either need
to obtain versions that have 64-bit support or google out the answer as to
how to hack in 32-bit shell extensions on 64-bit Windows.

"Wessel Troost" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsp.st33bhgcf3yrl7@asbel...
> Hi group,
>
> Two applications I installed (WinRAR and UltraEdit) usually integrate with
> Windows Explorer. They don't on 64-bit windows; I don't get a context
> menu saying "Open with UltraEdit" or "Create archive...".
>
> Why would explorer integration fail in 64-bit windows?
>
> Greetings,
> Wessel

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

The latest build or beta of WinRAR should have explorer extensions working
in x64.
Please check out the post by Charlie Russel:
http://msmvps.com/xperts64/archive/2.../19/54064.aspx
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com