Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > xvid

mark

anybody have issues with xvid or compressed movies causing the machine to
hang requiring, a hard reset?
just trying to bottom an issue i have.

wewa

not at all.
Thats one of the first things i wanted to try when i started using x64.

I have installed divx, xvid, 3ivx, and many more, on all versions of x64
with no problems.
i even use gspot with no problems.

you must have something else installed that's affecting your compatibility.
what kind of compressed movies are they (codec and player).

"mark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> anybody have issues with xvid or compressed movies causing the machine to
> hang requiring, a hard reset?
> just trying to bottom an issue i have.

mark

"wewa" <(E-Mail Removed).4me> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> not at all.
> Thats one of the first things i wanted to try when i started using x64.
>
> I have installed divx, xvid, 3ivx, and many more, on all versions of x64
> with no problems.
> i even use gspot with no problems.
>
> you must have something else installed that's affecting your

compatibility.
> what kind of compressed movies are they (codec and player).

seems to be mainly compressed xvid movies, i had an issue with the sound and
mplayer running at 100%cpu
i updated the sound drivers and seemed to have cleared it up, the system has
odd hard freezes which i cant
trouble shoot as theres no info which require a hard reboot,
my board is a msi neo2 platinum, ive used all the latest drivers from their
site,
might just be a coincedence that its xvid or the movie player causing
issues, but with no way of knowing what's
causing it im clutching at straws.

Wessel Troost

> seems to be mainly compressed xvid movies, i had an issue with the sound
> and mplayer running at 100%cpu i updated the sound drivers and seemed to
> have cleared it up, the system has odd hard freezes which i cant
> trouble shoot as theres no info which require a hard reboot,
> my board is a msi neo2 platinum, ive used all the latest drivers from
> their
> site,
> might just be a coincedence that its xvid or the movie player causing
> issues, but with no way of knowing what's
> causing it im clutching at straws.

Hi, I have a Neo2 Platinum too, and the same thing happens (but also on
the 32-bit editions.) It happens with certain QuickTime movies too.

The crashes became less frequent after applying the motherboard flash from
MSI (using their LiveUpdate program makes this simple.)

But I don't think it's a 64-bit specific issue.

Greetings,
Wessel

mark

> Hi, I have a Neo2 Platinum too, and the same thing happens (but also on
> the 32-bit editions.) It happens with certain QuickTime movies too.
>
> The crashes became less frequent after applying the motherboard flash from
> MSI (using their LiveUpdate program makes this simple.)
>
> But I don't think it's a 64-bit specific issue.
>
> Greetings,
> Wessel

its the first MSI board ive owned, ive a decent power supply so it cant be
that, wonder what it is!

cheers

mark

xvid Drvnguy Computer Support 1 08-08-2004 10:12 PM
Does the lastest Nero Vision Express support XVID Codec file to make dvd video ? Bun Mui Computer Support 2 08-02-2004 07:53 PM
how to convert AVI file (xvid codec) Gabriel P. Computer Support 2 09-17-2003 05:46 PM
XVID drvnguy Computer Support 4 08-10-2003 07:12 PM
XviD with Gordian Knot Styrbjorn Computer Support 0 06-25-2003 06:23 PM

Advertisments