Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > MSI wireless PCI card PC54G-BT

MSI wireless PCI card PC54G-BT

jcb

Although I have trouble using this card with Windows x32, this wireless card
is surprisingly working excellent on x64 without any installation from MSI
(CD or download). I have not yet tried Bluetooth though (it is a combined
WLAN and Bluetooth card, included with MSI K8N Diamond motherboard).
According to what I have read in this newsgroup, it should not be working
with a normal installation of Windows x64, or did I misunderstand something?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Probably found its long lost love, "x64".
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"jcb" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Although I have trouble using this card with Windows x32, this wireless
> card is surprisingly working excellent on x64 without any installation
> from MSI (CD or download). I have not yet tried Bluetooth though (it is a
> combined WLAN and Bluetooth card, included with MSI K8N Diamond
> motherboard). According to what I have read in this newsgroup, it should
> not be working with a normal installation of Windows x64, or did I
> misunderstand something?

NoNoBadDog!

Windows recognized the chipset in the card (Broadcom) and installed generic
drivers for it. All is well.

Bobby