Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > The response I received from MS about Intellipoint software for WinXP x64

The response I received from MS about Intellipoint software for WinXP x64

Wayne Wastier

Thank you for using Microsoft Online Support My name is Rajkumar and I will
be helping you today with the issue on Wireless IntelliMouse Explorer 2.0.

As I understand it, you would like to install a compatible version of
IntelliPoint Software on a Windows XP 64-bit operating system, so that the
additional features of the mouse can be accessed.

I really can understand and appreciate your interest towards the Microsoft
Hardware products. But please note that, there is no latest release of
IntelliPoint software that is compatible with 64-bit operating system.

The latest version of the IntelliPoint Software that was released is 5.2 and
it is compatible only with 32-bit version of the Windows operating system.
So at this stage, we may need to wait for the new release of the
IntelliPoint Software, which might fix this compatibility issue.

But we can't assure you with the exact date and time of the release, as we
don't have any official information on the same. Since the product team is
the one who decides on the next release of software's, we don't have any
official information on the same. I hope you can understand it.

You can keep track of the Microsoft new release of hardware's and software
by referring to the following link.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/default.mspx

Since all product design modifications are often based on feedback from our
customers, I have forwarded your feedback to our Product Team. At the same
time, we encourage you to post your feedback at the following link.

You may submit feedback to us via the web, email, fax or even write to us.
For more information about the Microsoft Wish Program, please refer to the
following Microsoft Knowledge Base article.

114491: How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=114491

Microsoft's Feedback and Product Enhancement team welcomes suggestions and
comments from users with special emphasis to newly released products for use
in future products and possible modifications to existing ones. Microsoft is
a customer driven company and we are greatly reliant on customers' fee
dback to propel our products and services. We are thoroughly aware that
people who actually use our products on a regular basis are better judges of
how our products and related services can be improved. Bear in mind that
such suggestions and comments previously lodged by customers were
significant
ly responsible for the release of updates, patches and new products.

Though the basic functionality will work without the software, the extra
features for the mouse will work only if the appropriate software is
installed in the system. So at this stage, you can either use the basic
functions or can opt for an refund for the device.

I don't want to disappoint you by providing the refund option, but to let
you know that the money spent on the product is never a waste. To return the
product for a refund directly to Microsoft, contact Microsoft North American
Retail Product Returns at (88 673-8624, or visit the following Micros
oft Web site to view information about the Money Back Guarantee policy:

http://www.microsoft.com/info/nareturns.htm

Let me know if this information helps. If you have any concerns or queries,
please feel free to write back.

I will be waiting for your response.

Best Regards,
Rajkumar

It is getting to the point of absurdity about this issue. Does anyone know
how to contact the product team that is responsible for Intellipoint
Software at MSFT? Thanks.

Wayne

NNBXX

Very polite response, but not really informative.

"Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:et%(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]
> functions or can opt for an refund for the device.
>
> I don't want to disappoint you by providing the refund option, but to let
> you know that the money spent on the product is never a waste. To return
> the product for a refund directly to Microsoft, contact Microsoft North
> American Retail Product Returns at (88 673-8624, or visit the following
> Micros
> oft Web site to view information about the Money Back Guarantee policy:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/info/nareturns.htm
>
> Let me know if this information helps. If you have any concerns or
> queries, please feel free to write back.
>
> I will be waiting for your response.
>
> Best Regards,
> Rajkumar
>

> It is getting to the point of absurdity about this issue. Does anyone know
> how to contact the product team that is responsible for Intellipoint

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Yeah, I agree, very, very, very polite, gotta give him credit for that at
least.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]
>> functions or can opt for an refund for the device.
>>
>> I don't want to disappoint you by providing the refund option, but to let
>> you know that the money spent on the product is never a waste. To return
>> the product for a refund directly to Microsoft, contact Microsoft North
>> American Retail Product Returns at (88 673-8624, or visit the following
>> Micros
>> oft Web site to view information about the Money Back Guarantee policy:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/info/nareturns.htm
>>
>> Let me know if this information helps. If you have any concerns or
>> queries, please feel free to write back.
>>
>> I will be waiting for your response.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Rajkumar
>>

>> It is getting to the point of absurdity about this issue. Does anyone
>> know how to contact the product team that is responsible for Intellipoint

Wayne Wastier

news:%23vVRZ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yeah, I agree, very, very, very polite, gotta give him credit for that at
> least.
> --
> Andre

Yup. Just wish he would have directed me to one of the product team, so I
could ask them what is going on.

Wayne

Wayne Wastier

"NNBXX" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Very polite response, but not really informative.

Yup, you can say that again.

Wayne

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello Wayne,
That product team has received a lot of feedback and pressure on the issue.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

--------------------
<From: "Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)>
<Subject: Re: The response I received from MS about Intellipoint software
for WinXP x64
<Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:12:41 -0500
<Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
<
<
<"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
<news:%23vVRZ$(E-Mail Removed)...
<> Yeah, I agree, very, very, very polite, gotta give him credit for that
at
<> least.
<> --
<> Andre
<
<Yup. Just wish he would have directed me to one of the product team, so I
<could ask them what is going on.
<
<
<
<Wayne
<
<
<

Alex Feinman [MVP]

<Gulp>

--
Alex Feinman
---
""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hTu%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Wayne,
> That product team has received a lot of feedback and pressure on the
> issue.
> Thanks,
> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

> --------------------
> <From: "Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> <Subject: Re: The response I received from MS about Intellipoint software
> for WinXP x64
> <Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:12:41 -0500
> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
> <
> <
> <"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> <news:%23vVRZ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> <> Yeah, I agree, very, very, very polite, gotta give him credit for that
> at
> <> least.
> <> --
> <> Andre
> <
> <Yup. Just wish he would have directed me to one of the product team, so I
> <could ask them what is going on.
> <
> <
> <
> <Wayne
> <
> <
> <

Charlie Russel - MVP

Isn't that the truth!

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

Alex Feinman [MVP] wrote:
> <Gulp>
>
>> Hello Wayne,
>> That product team has received a lot of feedback and pressure on the
>> issue.
>> Thanks,
>> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

>> rights --------------------
>> <From: "Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> <Subject: Re: The response I received from MS about Intellipoint
>> software for WinXP x64
>> <Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:12:41 -0500
>> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
>> microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general:11308 <X-Tomcat-NG:
>> microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general < <
>> <"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message <news:%23vVRZ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> <> Yeah, I agree, very, very, very polite, gotta give him credit for
>> that at
>> <> least.
>> <> --
>> <> Andre
>> <
>> <Yup. Just wish he would have directed me to one of the product
>> team, so I <could ask them what is going on.
>> <
>> <
>> <
>> <Wayne
>> <
>> <
>> <

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

How much pressure was applied? Because it seemed to have killed them.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

""Darrell Gorter[MSFT]"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hTu%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello Wayne,
> That product team has received a lot of feedback and pressure on the
> issue.
> Thanks,
> Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

> --------------------
> <From: "Wayne Wastier" <(E-Mail Removed)>
> <Subject: Re: The response I received from MS about Intellipoint software
> for WinXP x64
> <Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:12:41 -0500
> <Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
> <
> <
> <"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> <news:%23vVRZ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> <> Yeah, I agree, very, very, very polite, gotta give him credit for that
> at
> <> least.
> <> --
> <> Andre
> <
> <Yup. Just wish he would have directed me to one of the product team, so I
> <could ask them what is going on.
> <
> <
> <
> <Wayne
> <
> <
> <

DKI

Darrell would that mean they might start doing something about it or they
still looking into it.

Clearly there is need for the product team to start doing something about it
if there was that much feedback and pressure on the issue.