Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > installing Activex

installing Activex

=?Utf-8?B?bnNhcmRpbmhhMw==?=

I'm have difficulty installing activex in IE 32 bit in Windows XP 64 bit. It
won't install. I get a lock-up and then it closes. Could someone help.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I am not having any issues here with it, I would expect the issue you are
encountering is probably associated with IE 64-Bit most likely.

You'll find you need the 32-bit IE, I'm afraid, until such time as web sites
are updated to properly support 64-bit IE. Right now, you'd have problems
with just the 64-bit.

Active X Controls

When on-line, I get prompted to install Active X several times (depending on
the site). I click and select install now and 1 of 2 things happens. It
either asks for the run now or save, or it does nothing.

Again, the problem is most folks haven't yet re-written their activex
controls for 64-bit. That's why the default is to use the 32-bit version of
IE, which doesn't have a problem.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com