Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.0 beta

Reply
Thread Tools

ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.0 beta

 
 
Sam Crawford
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2005
PC Magazine has a review of ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.0 beta at
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1836243,00.asp

Does anyone know if this will work on XP-64?
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2005
Yes
This is from an article that had discussed the support of x64 from ZoneAlarm
would be coming this summer, with a final release in September.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1836843,00.asp
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"Sam Crawford" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:e2r$(E-Mail Removed)...
> PC Magazine has a review of ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.0 beta at
> http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1836243,00.asp
>
> Does anyone know if this will work on XP-64?



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Rick
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-14-2005
No! It is not compatible with x64. I just downloaded the installation
file and when I tried to install in on Win x64, a message came telling
me it was not compatible with the current OS and terminated!


Sam Crawford wrote:
> PC Magazine has a review of ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.0 beta at
> http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1836243,00.asp
>
> Does anyone know if this will work on XP-64?

 
Reply With Quote
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-15-2005
PC Magazine lied to us the, personally, I wouldn't install ZoneAlarm (final)
or BETA if my life depended on it. the Windows FireWall is enough for me.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No! It is not compatible with x64. I just downloaded the installation
> file and when I tried to install in on Win x64, a message came telling me
> it was not compatible with the current OS and terminated!
>
>
> Sam Crawford wrote:
>> PC Magazine has a review of ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.0 beta at
>> http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1836243,00.asp
>>
>> Does anyone know if this will work on XP-64?



 
Reply With Quote
 
Sam Crawford
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-15-2005

On 14-Jul-2005, "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> PC Magazine lied to us the, personally, I wouldn't install ZoneAlarm
> (final)
> or BETA if my life depended on it. the Windows FireWall is enough for me.


Andre,

I've been running ZoneAlarm Pro for the past three years on my XP-Pro boxes.
I use it for antivirus and as a firewall and couldn't be happier with it.
It sure uses a lot fewer resources than any of the Symantec products. The
only feature I don't use is their anti-spam filter with Outlook 2003. I use
Qurb instead.

Why are you so disillusioned with it?

Sam
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Drop ZoneAlarm & AVG in favor of McAfee Security Suite? Flycaster Computer Support 7 07-27-2007 02:45 AM
Firewall Settings ZoneAlarm Security Suite Netgear Router Micorsoft News Server Wireless Networking 1 11-24-2006 03:32 AM
Firewall Settings in ZoneAlarm Security Suite 6.5.737 John Butler Wireless Networking 0 11-23-2006 03:05 PM
ZoneAlarm Security Suite Peter Maurice Cram Computer Information 5 12-01-2004 10:15 PM
zonealarm security suite query Nick Computer Support 7 06-06-2004 12:18 PM



Advertisments