Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Any drivers out there for the Samsung ML-1740 laser printer?

Any drivers out there for the Samsung ML-1740 laser printer?

=?Utf-8?B?a2VoaTY2?=

Hi, I have searched the Samsung printer site and their is nothing. I has
downloaded there 32bit driver and it fails to install. I was wondering if
anyone has produced a third party driver for this? Anyone know if Windows
Update might have a driver? Thanks

Rick

Samsung is the only company that would write a driver for the printer
because it is their hardware. Microsoft does not write the hardware
drivers.

You can try one of the older Samsung printers that are included in the
NTPRINT.INF. The printers in this file are the ones displayed for
selection when you manually install the hardware. Does it emulate an HP
printer? If so, try an HP driver.

kehi66 wrote:
> Hi, I have searched the Samsung printer site and their is nothing. I has
> downloaded there 32bit driver and it fails to install. I was wondering if
> anyone has produced a third party driver for this? Anyone know if Windows
> Update might have a driver? Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?T2lsZHVkZTcy?=

I have the same printer and the driver disk but am unsure if the file would
be small enough to attach to an email...What do you think or what are your
ideas on getting this to you?

"kehi66" wrote:

> Hi, I have searched the Samsung printer site and their is nothing. I has
> downloaded there 32bit driver and it fails to install. I was wondering if
> anyone has produced a third party driver for this? Anyone know if Windows
> Update might have a driver? Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?a2VoaTY2?=

Does your driver disk have the x64 driver on it? If so please lmk

"Oildude72" wrote:

> I have the same printer and the driver disk but am unsure if the file would
> be small enough to attach to an email...What do you think or what are your
> ideas on getting this to you?
>
> "kehi66" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have searched the Samsung printer site and their is nothing. I has
> > downloaded there 32bit driver and it fails to install. I was wondering if
> > anyone has produced a third party driver for this? Anyone know if Windows
> > Update might have a driver? Thanks

Rick

It is not likely there is a x64 driver on his disc. If there was one,
you would also find it on the Samsung site!

kehi66 wrote:
> Does your driver disk have the x64 driver on it? If so please lmk
>
> "Oildude72" wrote:
>

>>I have the same printer and the driver disk but am unsure if the file would
>>be small enough to attach to an email...What do you think or what are your
>>ideas on getting this to you?
>>
>>"kehi66" wrote:
>>

>>>Hi, I have searched the Samsung printer site and their is nothing. I has
>>>downloaded there 32bit driver and it fails to install. I was wondering if
>>>anyone has produced a third party driver for this? Anyone know if Windows
>>>Update might have a driver? Thanks

Rick

Don't you people down in Gainesville have daily access to the rest of
the world?

kehi66 wrote:
> Does your driver disk have the x64 driver on it? If so please lmk
>
> "Oildude72" wrote:
>

>>I have the same printer and the driver disk but am unsure if the file would
>>be small enough to attach to an email...What do you think or what are your
>>ideas on getting this to you?
>>
>>"kehi66" wrote:
>>

>>>Hi, I have searched the Samsung printer site and their is nothing. I has
>>>downloaded there 32bit driver and it fails to install. I was wondering if
>>>anyone has produced a third party driver for this? Anyone know if Windows
>>>Update might have a driver? Thanks

wewa

I too have a number of samsung lasers, and awaiting a printing solution
since december. Tried similar sounding printers under samsung in add printer
to no avail, with usb connection anyway. if you have a samsung with NIC, or
a lan adapter, you can probably get it to work, i would think...

"kehi66" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi, I have searched the Samsung printer site and their is nothing. I has
> downloaded there 32bit driver and it fails to install. I was wondering if
> anyone has produced a third party driver for this? Anyone know if Windows
> Update might have a driver? Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?a2VoaTY2?=

Don't you people down in Gainesville have daily access to the rest of
the world?

What kind of personal attack is this? I am currently in the College of
Medicine at UF.

"wewa" wrote:

> I too have a number of samsung lasers, and awaiting a printing solution
> since december. Tried similar sounding printers under samsung in add printer
> to no avail, with usb connection anyway. if you have a samsung with NIC, or
> a lan adapter, you can probably get it to work, i would think...
>

> "kehi66" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi, I have searched the Samsung printer site and their is nothing. I has
> > downloaded there 32bit driver and it fails to install. I was wondering if
> > anyone has produced a third party driver for this? Anyone know if Windows
> > Update might have a driver? Thanks

Rick

Regardless of how you access your printer, you need a driver for it. I
have 3 printers on my LAN and currently I can only use 2 of them in x64
because of the need for a driver for the 3rd one. I have x64 drivers
for my Epson Stylus C84 and Brother HL-1440, but not for my Samsung
CLP-550N. Samsung Tech Support told me they expected to have drivers
out in late July or early August.

wewa wrote:
> I too have a number of samsung lasers, and awaiting a printing solution
> since december. Tried similar sounding printers under samsung in add printer
> to no avail, with usb connection anyway. if you have a samsung with NIC, or
> a lan adapter, you can probably get it to work, i would think...
>

> "kehi66" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hi, I have searched the Samsung printer site and their is nothing. I has
>>downloaded there 32bit driver and it fails to install. I was wondering if
>>anyone has produced a third party driver for this? Anyone know if Windows
>>Update might have a driver? Thanks

=?Utf-8?B?a2VoaTY2?=

This is the email I received from Samsung yesterday:

Unfortunately, we do not have Windows XP 64bit Edition drivers for the
ML-1740 nor ML-1750. In addition, there is not a scheduled release date for
64 bit drivers at the current moment. We are sorry for any incoveniences you
may be experiencing.