Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Real Microsoft Mail?

Real Microsoft Mail?

Daniel Herrmann

Hallo,

i just got this Mail after ordering x64 some weeks ago.

Thx,

Daniel

Dear Microsoft Customer:

Thank you for your recent order for the Technology Advancement Software Kit.

We sincerely apologize for the delay and will begin shipping the Windows XP
Professional x64 Edition Software Kits beginning July 14, 2005.

Multilingual User Interface (MUI) add-on packs for Windows XP Professional
x64 Edition are now available for download for Technology Advancement
Software customers. If you were using a language other than English for
your previous Windows XP Professional (32-bit) installation, you may
download the appropriate ISO image from the list below and install your
language of choice.

Note: ISO files must be burned to a CD or DVD before they can be installed
on Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

Should you have specific questions about Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
please visit: www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit

Thank you,

Microsoft Technology Advancement Team

**********************************
Do not reply to this e-mail. This message was sent to you using an automated
system. This e-mail alias is not monitored for replies. If you need help,
please contact us through one of the methods described below.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Is the mail real? Yes. Is it from MS? No, it's from the firm that MS
entrusted with the Technology Advancement Program. But several of us have
gotten it, so it looks like they are actually supposed to start shipping
today. Finally.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

Daniel Herrmann wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> i just got this Mail after ordering x64 some weeks ago.
>

> Thx,
>

> Daniel
>

> Dear Microsoft Customer:
>

> Thank you for your recent order for the Technology Advancement
> Software Kit.
>
> We sincerely apologize for the delay and will begin shipping the
> Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Software Kits beginning July 14,
> 2005.
>

> Multilingual User Interface (MUI) add-on packs for Windows XP
> Professional x64 Edition are now available for download for
> Technology Advancement Software customers. If you were using a
> language other than English for your previous Windows XP Professional
> (32-bit) installation, you may download the appropriate ISO image
> from the list below and install your language of choice.
>

> Note: ISO files must be burned to a CD or DVD before they can be
> installed on Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
>

> Should you have specific questions about Windows XP Professional x64
> Edition please visit: www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit
>

> Thank you,
>
> Microsoft Technology Advancement Team
>

> **********************************
> Do not reply to this e-mail. This message was sent to you using an
> automated system. This e-mail alias is not monitored for replies. If
> you need help, please contact us through one of the methods described
> below.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Its that bad, to the point you don't even believe it anymore.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Daniel Herrmann" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hallo,
>
> i just got this Mail after ordering x64 some weeks ago.
>

> Thx,
>

> Daniel
>

> Dear Microsoft Customer:
>

> Thank you for your recent order for the Technology Advancement Software
> Kit.
>

> We sincerely apologize for the delay and will begin shipping the Windows
> XP Professional x64 Edition Software Kits beginning July 14, 2005.
>

> Multilingual User Interface (MUI) add-on packs for Windows XP Professional
> x64 Edition are now available for download for Technology Advancement
> Software customers. If you were using a language other than English for
> your previous Windows XP Professional (32-bit) installation, you may
> download the appropriate ISO image from the list below and install your
> language of choice.
>

> Note: ISO files must be burned to a CD or DVD before they can be
> installed on Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
>

> Should you have specific questions about Windows XP Professional x64
> Edition please visit: www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit
>

> Thank you,
>
> Microsoft Technology Advancement Team
>

> **********************************
> Do not reply to this e-mail. This message was sent to you using an
> automated system. This e-mail alias is not monitored for replies. If you
> need help, please contact us through one of the methods described below.

Daniel Herrmann

Hello,

news:%23$$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Its that bad, to the point you don't even believe it anymore.
> --
> Andre

Because of all the MS Updates that were im my Mail Account im becoming
cautious.

Daniel

Bill

Well, I guess I need to believe it, my credit card was charged for two.
Guess one PID I thought failed went through anyway. Already have the beta
trophy, so that makes 2 OEM licenses and 1 what appears to be a full
allowing upgrades. Now the youngest son will get his x64 box upgraded also.
Now if I can just get some PIXMA MP130 x64 drivers, we will be set with
everything.

Bill