Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Is XP 64 Professional ready for production use?

Is XP 64 Professional ready for production use?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

But you see, the icing on the cake is where to post a query about the
problem, which is the:
microsoft.private.whidbey.setup.visual_studio
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ePqYX$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Hugo http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)>" <hugh<underbar> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks Mike
>>
>> I understand your comments on beta.
>>
>> Unless I am mistaken though, it is only VS 2005 beta 2 that is beta here?
>>
>> XP 64 OEM is released code as is IIS 6, is this true?
>>
>> Your comments suggest that IIS6 and XP64 should operate correctly (or are
>> fully expected to) and that my problem is probably due to VS 2005 beta 2
>> having some issues.
>>
>> Is this a correct statement Mike?

> Yes that is a fair summary of what I said.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups
>
> "Hugo (E-Mail Removed)>" <hugh<underbar> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Thanks Mike
>>
>> I understand your comments on beta.
>>
>> Unless I am mistaken though, it is only VS 2005 beta 2 that is beta here?
>>
>> XP 64 OEM is released code as is IIS 6, is this true?
>>
>> Your comments suggest that IIS6 and XP64 should operate correctly (or are
>> fully expected to) and that my problem is probably due to VS 2005 beta 2
>> having some issues.
>>
>> Is this a correct statement Mike?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Hugh
>>

>> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" wrote:
>>
>>> "Hugo (E-Mail Removed)>" <hugh<underbar> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I am not aware of us ever saying the use of Beta software is a
>>> "production
>>> use" scenario.
>>> Certainly the x64 products are more then capable of deployment in
>>> production
>>> environment and daily use - both on the desktop and the server
>>> platforms.
>>> Your use of Beta software may be the issue here.
>>>
>>> Q. "... how "mature" XP64 + IIS 6 + ASP.NET 2 are. ..." - A. - very
>>> (based
>>> on solid code base) + very + well it's Beta !!
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Mike
>>> --
>>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

>>> rights
>>>
>>> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
>>> newsgroups
>>>
>>> "Hugo (E-Mail Removed)>" <hugh<underbar> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> But you see, the icing on the cake is where to post a query about the
> problem, which is the:
> microsoft.private.whidbey.setup.visual_studio

^^^^^^^^
Which is of little use as it is a private newsgroup that the original poster
may not access to.
--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> But you see, the icing on the cake is where to post a query about the
> problem, which is the:
> microsoft.private.whidbey.setup.visual_studio
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:ePqYX$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "Hugo (E-Mail Removed)>" <hugh<underbar> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Thanks Mike
>>>
>>> I understand your comments on beta.
>>>
>>> Unless I am mistaken though, it is only VS 2005 beta 2 that is beta
>>> here?
>>>
>>> XP 64 OEM is released code as is IIS 6, is this true?
>>>
>>> Your comments suggest that IIS6 and XP64 should operate correctly (or
>>> are
>>> fully expected to) and that my problem is probably due to VS 2005 beta 2
>>> having some issues.
>>>
>>> Is this a correct statement Mike?

>> Yes that is a fair summary of what I said.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mike
>> --
>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

>> rights
>>
>> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
>> newsgroups
>>
>> "Hugo (E-Mail Removed)>" <hugh<underbar> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Thanks Mike
>>>
>>> I understand your comments on beta.
>>>
>>> Unless I am mistaken though, it is only VS 2005 beta 2 that is beta
>>> here?
>>>
>>> XP 64 OEM is released code as is IIS 6, is this true?
>>>
>>> Your comments suggest that IIS6 and XP64 should operate correctly (or
>>> are
>>> fully expected to) and that my problem is probably due to VS 2005 beta 2
>>> having some issues.
>>>
>>> Is this a correct statement Mike?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Hugh

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

But they can, its private, but its actually public, similar to the Microsoft
AntiSpyware groups.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:erK%(E-Mail Removed)...
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> But you see, the icing on the cake is where to post a query about the
>> problem, which is the:
>> microsoft.private.whidbey.setup.visual_studio

> ^^^^^^^^
> Which is of little use as it is a private newsgroup that the original
> poster may not access to.
> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> But you see, the icing on the cake is where to post a query about the
>> problem, which is the:
>> microsoft.private.whidbey.setup.visual_studio
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:ePqYX$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> "Hugo (E-Mail Removed)>" <hugh<underbar> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Yes that is a fair summary of what I said.
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Mike
>>> --
>>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

>>> rights
>>>
>>> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
>>> newsgroups
>>>
>>> "Hugo (E-Mail Removed)>" <hugh<underbar> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> But they can, its private, but its actually public, similar to the
> Microsoft AntiSpyware groups.
> --

Which require a specific set of credentials to allow access to the specific
private groups.
e.g. for the Anti Spyware access you see the details at
http://communities.microsoft.com/new...yware&sLCID=us

I stand by my previous post.
He will need to get the appropriate credentials for access to any private
groups.
--

Regards,

Mike