Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Direct X

Direct X

Rick

Then I would surmise you are posting in the wrong news group. This news
group if for 64 bit OS's.

jasand4744 wrote:
> This is not the 64bit OS. So I'm pretty much screwed and will have to reload
> the OS to get it to work again?

John Barnes

Before doing that, I would try to do a system restore to before your DirectX
update. Also a recommendation to do a drive image before installing
anything critical to your functions.

"jasand4744" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is not the 64bit OS. So I'm pretty much screwed and will have to
> reload
> the OS to get it to work again?
> --
> Jason Andis
>

> "Rick" wrote:
>
>> Some of Microsoft's update are not able to be removed regardless of
>> their criticality. If it's not listed "Add or Remove Programs" panel,
>> then it probably is an update that cannot be un-installed.
>>

>> John Barnes wrote:
>> > I don't think he is referring to 64-bit and he only wants to remove the
>> > non-critical update.
>> >

>> > "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

DKI

Well despite asking here i think it would be approiate to ask the right news
group since this is for 64bit Operating systems only.

On that note some updates won't be show unless you have the show updates box
up the top ticked. or do a system rollback since it was an update that
causing the issue.

Start Menu Programs Accessories System Tools System Restore will allow you
to rollback without having to format. it seems like the best option.

"jasand4744" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> This is not the 64bit OS. So I'm pretty much screwed and will have to
> reload
> the OS to get it to work again?
> --
> Jason Andis
>

> "Rick" wrote:
>
>> Some of Microsoft's update are not able to be removed regardless of
>> their criticality. If it's not listed "Add or Remove Programs" panel,
>> then it probably is an update that cannot be un-installed.
>>

>> John Barnes wrote:
>> > I don't think he is referring to 64-bit and he only wants to remove the
>> > non-critical update.
>> >

>> > "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I agree with System restore, that looks like the best way to remove any
unwanted updates. Correct newsgroup anyway is
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Before doing that, I would try to do a system restore to before your
> DirectX update. Also a recommendation to do a drive image before
> installing anything critical to your functions.
>

> "jasand4744" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> This is not the 64bit OS. So I'm pretty much screwed and will have to
>> reload
>> the OS to get it to work again?
>> --
>> Jason Andis
>>

>> "Rick" wrote:
>>
>>> Some of Microsoft's update are not able to be removed regardless of
>>> their criticality. If it's not listed "Add or Remove Programs" panel,
>>> then it probably is an update that cannot be un-installed.

DKI

Andre can you post him the link to the Windows Server 2003 news group since
he was asking about the issue on Windows Server 2003
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I agree with System restore, that looks like the best way to remove any
>unwanted updates. Correct newsgroup anyway is
>microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Before doing that, I would try to do a system restore to before your
>> DirectX update. Also a recommendation to do a drive image before
>> installing anything critical to your functions.
>>

>> "jasand4744" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> This is not the 64bit OS. So I'm pretty much screwed and will have to
>>> reload
>>> the OS to get it to work again?
>>> --
>>> Jason Andis

Christian Hougardy

--
Christian Hougardy
(Ruiselede - Belgium)

Direct instantiation and configuration Rick Jackson VHDL 8 12-02-2005 01:32 PM
Is there a good re-direct killer? B. Peg Firefox 0 06-25-2005 02:50 PM
Direct Render cameron Firefox 4 02-01-2005 08:07 PM
direct instantiation, libraries valentin tihomirov VHDL 6 04-26-2004 12:03 PM
Equivalent for Ascend-IP-Direct Attribute / Forced Proxy on NAS? Emre Bastuz Cisco 1 01-02-2004 06:04 PM

Advertisments