Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Direct X

Direct X

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=

does anyone know if direct x is available for windows 64
thanks

DKI

Direct X9C which is the latest version is included in XP X64

"Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> does anyone know if direct x is available for windows 64
> thanks

Torrey Lauer

Yes, it's already in Windows x64. There is NO need to download it.

--
Torrey Lauer
Modern Travel Services

Rainbow Sky Travel
rainbow sky travel DOT net
"Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> does anyone know if direct x is available for windows 64
> thanks

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

DirectX 9.0c is installed automatically when the OS is installed.
Select Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System
Information. Then when that window pops up select Tools / DirectX Diagnostic
Tool and check your "already installed" DirectX settings.

You DO NOT NEED to install any version of DirectX out of the box with x64.
It ships with DX9.0c which should handle anything you can throw at it just
fine. I havent had any trouble with gaming on x64 using the base
installation, so you should be fine too.

Now, if you have issues with DX compatbility thats another thing completely.
Some older games wont run on DX9 and this can cause you issues on x64. If
thats the case and you have to have that game on your system, consider a
dual boot installation of 32 and 64bit Windows to resolve the issue, or
consider buying a new game, there's plenty out there.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> does anyone know if direct x is available for windows 64
> thanks

Colin Barnhorst

Which brings to mind a tangential question; does compatibility mode help?

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> DirectX 9.0c is installed automatically when the OS is installed.
> Select Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System
> Information. Then when that window pops up select Tools / DirectX
> Diagnostic
> Tool and check your "already installed" DirectX settings.
>
> You DO NOT NEED to install any version of DirectX out of the box with x64.
> It ships with DX9.0c which should handle anything you can throw at it just
> fine. I havent had any trouble with gaming on x64 using the base
> installation, so you should be fine too.
>
> Now, if you have issues with DX compatbility thats another thing
> completely.
> Some older games wont run on DX9 and this can cause you issues on x64. If
> thats the case and you have to have that game on your system, consider a
> dual boot installation of 32 and 64bit Windows to resolve the issue, or
> consider buying a new game, there's plenty out there.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> does anyone know if direct x is available for windows 64
>> thanks
>> --

=?Utf-8?B?amFzYW5kNDc0NA==?=

I figured since you guys were on the subject of Direct X if you could help me
out. I was running battlefield 1942 on 2003 server no problem. Then I got SP1
and it still worked, but I also seen a non-critical update for direct x. I
downloaded that and now when I go to start the game it acts like it's loading
up and then I hear a beep and it quits and there's no error messages and
nothing in the event viewer. I tried re-installing the game, but I still get
the same problem. I went to add and remove programs to see if I could roll
back that one security update but can't seem to figure out how to do that.
The only thing I see in the add and remove programs is the SP1. Any ideas on
how I could fix this without reloading the whole operating system?
--
Jason Andis

"Colin Barnhorst" wrote:

> Which brings to mind a tangential question; does compatibility mode help?

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > DirectX 9.0c is installed automatically when the OS is installed.
> > Select Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System
> > Information. Then when that window pops up select Tools / DirectX
> > Diagnostic
> > Tool and check your "already installed" DirectX settings.
> >
> > You DO NOT NEED to install any version of DirectX out of the box with x64.
> > It ships with DX9.0c which should handle anything you can throw at it just
> > fine. I havent had any trouble with gaming on x64 using the base
> > installation, so you should be fine too.
> >
> > Now, if you have issues with DX compatbility thats another thing
> > completely.
> > Some older games wont run on DX9 and this can cause you issues on x64. If
> > thats the case and you have to have that game on your system, consider a
> > dual boot installation of 32 and 64bit Windows to resolve the issue, or
> > consider buying a new game, there's plenty out there.
> > --
> > Andre
> >
> > "Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> does anyone know if direct x is available for windows 64
> >> thanks
> >> --

Rick

When did SP1 for Windows x64 get published as a separate upgrade? I was
under the impression the Windows x64 (Server 2003 and XP Professional)
were published with SP1 integrated. So, how could there be an option to
un-install something that was part of the core OS to start with?

jasand4744 wrote:
> I figured since you guys were on the subject of Direct X if you could help me
> out. I was running battlefield 1942 on 2003 server no problem. Then I got SP1
> and it still worked, but I also seen a non-critical update for direct x. I
> downloaded that and now when I go to start the game it acts like it's loading
> up and then I hear a beep and it quits and there's no error messages and
> nothing in the event viewer. I tried re-installing the game, but I still get
> the same problem. I went to add and remove programs to see if I could roll
> back that one security update but can't seem to figure out how to do that.
> The only thing I see in the add and remove programs is the SP1. Any ideas on
> how I could fix this without reloading the whole operating system?

John Barnes

I don't think he is referring to 64-bit and he only wants to remove the
non-critical update.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> When did SP1 for Windows x64 get published as a separate upgrade? I was
> under the impression the Windows x64 (Server 2003 and XP Professional)
> were published with SP1 integrated. So, how could there be an option to
> un-install something that was part of the core OS to start with?
>

> jasand4744 wrote:
>> I figured since you guys were on the subject of Direct X if you could
>> help me out. I was running battlefield 1942 on 2003 server no problem.
>> Then I got SP1 and it still worked, but I also seen a non-critical update
>> for direct x. I downloaded that and now when I go to start the game it
>> acts like it's loading up and then I hear a beep and it quits and there's
>> no error messages and nothing in the event viewer. I tried re-installing
>> the game, but I still get the same problem. I went to add and remove
>> programs to see if I could roll back that one security update but can't
>> seem to figure out how to do that. The only thing I see in the add and
>> remove programs is the SP1. Any ideas on how I could fix this without
>> reloading the whole operating system?

Rick

Some of Microsoft's update are not able to be removed regardless of
their criticality. If it's not listed "Add or Remove Programs" panel,
then it probably is an update that cannot be un-installed.

John Barnes wrote:
> I don't think he is referring to 64-bit and he only wants to remove the
> non-critical update.

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>When did SP1 for Windows x64 get published as a separate upgrade? I was
>>under the impression the Windows x64 (Server 2003 and XP Professional)
>>were published with SP1 integrated. So, how could there be an option to
>>un-install something that was part of the core OS to start with?
>>

>>jasand4744 wrote:
>>
>>>I figured since you guys were on the subject of Direct X if you could
>>>help me out. I was running battlefield 1942 on 2003 server no problem.
>>>Then I got SP1 and it still worked, but I also seen a non-critical update
>>>for direct x. I downloaded that and now when I go to start the game it
>>>acts like it's loading up and then I hear a beep and it quits and there's
>>>no error messages and nothing in the event viewer. I tried re-installing
>>>the game, but I still get the same problem. I went to add and remove
>>>programs to see if I could roll back that one security update but can't
>>>seem to figure out how to do that. The only thing I see in the add and
>>>remove programs is the SP1. Any ideas on how I could fix this without
>>>reloading the whole operating system?

=?Utf-8?B?amFzYW5kNDc0NA==?=

This is not the 64bit OS. So I'm pretty much screwed and will have to reload
the OS to get it to work again?
--
Jason Andis

"Rick" wrote:

> Some of Microsoft's update are not able to be removed regardless of
> their criticality. If it's not listed "Add or Remove Programs" panel,
> then it probably is an update that cannot be un-installed.
>

> John Barnes wrote:
> > I don't think he is referring to 64-bit and he only wants to remove the
> > non-critical update.
> >

> > "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >>When did SP1 for Windows x64 get published as a separate upgrade? I was
> >>under the impression the Windows x64 (Server 2003 and XP Professional)
> >>were published with SP1 integrated. So, how could there be an option to
> >>un-install something that was part of the core OS to start with?

Direct instantiation and configuration Rick Jackson VHDL 8 12-02-2005 01:32 PM
Is there a good re-direct killer? B. Peg Firefox 0 06-25-2005 02:50 PM
Direct Render cameron Firefox 4 02-01-2005 08:07 PM
direct instantiation, libraries valentin tihomirov VHDL 6 04-26-2004 12:03 PM
Equivalent for Ascend-IP-Direct Attribute / Forced Proxy on NAS? Emre Bastuz Cisco 1 01-02-2004 06:04 PM

Advertisments