Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > LG 2320A Driver was not written for XP Pro 64

LG 2320A Driver was not written for XP Pro 64

=?Utf-8?B?U2hhb2t5IFRhcmFtYW4=?=

I bought this great 23" Widescreen LG monitor and the driver by LG does not
work with WinXP Pro 64-bit. I contacted LG and they told me to contact
Microsoft. I really do not want to pay $35 to be given the runaround so I am
hoping someone either at Microsoft or on the Internet will see my post and be
able to help me out.

One of the reasons I bought this particular monitor is because the specs
claim a resolution of 1920x1200 which great for editing high-def content and
that is what I want to do. Unfortunately, I can only drive the monitor to
1600x1200... sure that's good, but on a WIDE monitor everything is stretched
out instead of being displayed at the correct aspect ratio.

Is a new driver going to be written in the future? This monitor was quite
pricey and I would hate to have invested in something that is not going to be
supported in the future.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You are definitely getting the run around for sure, its LG's hardware, they
should be the ones writing drivers for hardware as specific as that type of
monitor model. Microsoft only writes are set of generic drivers that come
bundled with XP that most monitors use.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Shaoky Taraman" <Shaoky http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I bought this great 23" Widescreen LG monitor and the driver by LG does not
> work with WinXP Pro 64-bit. I contacted LG and they told me to contact
> Microsoft. I really do not want to pay $35 to be given the runaround so I
> am
> hoping someone either at Microsoft or on the Internet will see my post and
> be
> able to help me out.
>
> One of the reasons I bought this particular monitor is because the specs
> claim a resolution of 1920x1200 which great for editing high-def content
> and
> that is what I want to do. Unfortunately, I can only drive the monitor to
> 1600x1200... sure that's good, but on a WIDE monitor everything is
> stretched
> out instead of being displayed at the correct aspect ratio.
>
> Is a new driver going to be written in the future? This monitor was quite
> pricey and I would hate to have invested in something that is not going to
> be
> supported in the future.

Torrey Lauer

Shaoky,

Unfortunately, LG gave you incorrect information. LG is responsible for
writting a 64 bit driver for their product. Microsoft may have a generic
driver that may work but may not take full advantage of the LG monitor.

Contact LG again and ask them when THEY are going to have a 64 bit driver
ready for THEIR product.

--
Torrey Lauer
Modern Travel Services

Rainbow Sky Travel
rainbow sky travel DOT net
"Shaoky Taraman" <Shaoky (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I bought this great 23" Widescreen LG monitor and the driver by LG does not
> work with WinXP Pro 64-bit. I contacted LG and they told me to contact
> Microsoft. I really do not want to pay $35 to be given the runaround so I
> am
> hoping someone either at Microsoft or on the Internet will see my post and
> be
> able to help me out.
>
> One of the reasons I bought this particular monitor is because the specs
> claim a resolution of 1920x1200 which great for editing high-def content
> and
> that is what I want to do. Unfortunately, I can only drive the monitor to
> 1600x1200... sure that's good, but on a WIDE monitor everything is
> stretched
> out instead of being displayed at the correct aspect ratio.
>
> Is a new driver going to be written in the future? This monitor was quite
> pricey and I would hate to have invested in something that is not going to
> be
> supported in the future.

=?Utf-8?B?emFjaw==?=

What model monitor did you get? Normally, you should not need a driver for
your monitor. The EDID information should be enough, provided your video card
drivers are working properly, and your monitor reports correct EDID info.
Monitor drivers are just .inf files anyways, there is no binary files, so it
should be trivial to get it to the correct resolution on x64 windows. Now
some monitors may have software to manage monitor settings other than
resolution, but it's not needed for normal operation.

"Shaoky Taraman" wrote:

> I bought this great 23" Widescreen LG monitor and the driver by LG does not
> work with WinXP Pro 64-bit. I contacted LG and they told me to contact
> Microsoft. I really do not want to pay $35 to be given the runaround so I am
> hoping someone either at Microsoft or on the Internet will see my post and be
> able to help me out.
>
> One of the reasons I bought this particular monitor is because the specs
> claim a resolution of 1920x1200 which great for editing high-def content and
> that is what I want to do. Unfortunately, I can only drive the monitor to
> 1600x1200... sure that's good, but on a WIDE monitor everything is stretched
> out instead of being displayed at the correct aspect ratio.
>
> Is a new driver going to be written in the future? This monitor was quite
> pricey and I would hate to have invested in something that is not going to be
> supported in the future.

Brendan Green

And, you're sure that the VIDEO CARD that the monitor is connected to
supports the higher resolution (1920 x 1200) as well?

"Shaoky Taraman" <Shaoky (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I bought this great 23" Widescreen LG monitor and the driver by LG does not
> work with WinXP Pro 64-bit. I contacted LG and they told me to contact
> Microsoft. I really do not want to pay $35 to be given the runaround so I
> am
> hoping someone either at Microsoft or on the Internet will see my post and
> be
> able to help me out.
>
> One of the reasons I bought this particular monitor is because the specs
> claim a resolution of 1920x1200 which great for editing high-def content
> and
> that is what I want to do. Unfortunately, I can only drive the monitor to
> 1600x1200... sure that's good, but on a WIDE monitor everything is
> stretched
> out instead of being displayed at the correct aspect ratio.
>
> Is a new driver going to be written in the future? This monitor was quite
> pricey and I would hate to have invested in something that is not going to
> be
> supported in the future.

staraman

The reason it did not work is because the 1920 resolution is only
available via an analog D-sub cable. This is not specified anywhere in
the manual or documentation that came with the monitor.

Originally I was trying to use the DVI cable... and it never worked.
Needless to say even though LG made a case file for me and I was told I
would be called back, but I never was.

Be careful what you buy - tech. support keeps getting worse and now the
companies what you to pay for the terrible tech. support as well!

Shaoky Taraman

--
staraman
staraman's Profile: http://www.64bit-world.com/forums/member.php?u=1946