Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Virtual PC 2004

Virtual PC 2004

Don Awalt

I have been trying for two days to get into betaplace, and it keeps timing
out. Is the site down?

https://www.betaplace.com/sign-in/signin.asp

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> No, Virtual PC 2004 is not compatible and their is no expected update
> announced that will enable support un x64. In mean time you could try the
> following alternatives, VM Ware Workstation 5.0 or Virtual Server 2005 SP1
> BETA.
>
> Download Virtual Server 2005 SP1:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...n/sp1beta.mspx
>
> Remember, its beta:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...r/default.mspx
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Jay" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Will Virtual PC 2004 run under Win XP 64? Can I then install XP Pro or
>> 2000 in a virtual PC running on 64?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I read that Intel should debut the technology this year in their Itanium and
Xeon processors.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Both Intel and AMD are working on hardware virtualization technology,
> actually, built into the chips. Last I heard, AMD was ahead on this one,
> but who knows if that's still true. But I'd expect, in a not too distant
> future, to have the level of virtualization that is far beyond what we can
> do today, fully supported at the chip level.
>
> --
> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> ======================
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> Colin Barnhorst wrote:
>> So, write us a new motherboard emulation to replace the Intel 440BX
>> so we can do 64-bit guests.
>>
>> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> message news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> No, VPC doesn't work on x64 Edition. The current beta of SP1 for
>>> Virtual Server, however, does support 32-bit clients on an x64 Host.
>>> No support for x64 clients, however.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
>>> ======================
>>> Charlie.
>>> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

It usually is sometimes.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Don Awalt" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have been trying for two days to get into betaplace, and it keeps timing
>out. Is the site down?
>
> https://www.betaplace.com/sign-in/signin.asp

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> No, Virtual PC 2004 is not compatible and their is no expected update
>> announced that will enable support un x64. In mean time you could try the
>> following alternatives, VM Ware Workstation 5.0 or Virtual Server 2005
>> SP1 BETA.
>>
>> Download Virtual Server 2005 SP1:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...n/sp1beta.mspx
>>
>> Remember, its beta:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...r/default.mspx
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Jay" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Will Virtual PC 2004 run under Win XP 64? Can I then install XP Pro or
>>> 2000 in a virtual PC running on 64?

Christian Hougardy

Don Awalt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have been trying for two days to get into betaplace, and it keeps
> timing out. Is the site down?
>
> https://www.betaplace.com/sign-in/signin.asp

Hi Don,

No, it looks ok to me. No problem so far but with this URL:

https://beta.microsoft.com/sign-in/s...phome%2Easp%3F

Cheers

--
Christian Hougardy