Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > printer list 'in the box' of winxp x64

printer list 'in the box' of winxp x64

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9hY2hpbQ==?=

Hello,

is there anywhere a list of all printers and OEM's respectively, which where
offered by the OS 'winxp x64' by default?
can I extract such a list out of the OS at any way?
I'm appreciative of any ideas, or proposals!

many thanks,

best regards,

Joachim

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You can check the add printer wizard to see the list of all print drivers
that come with XP by default.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Joachim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello,
>
> is there anywhere a list of all printers and OEM's respectively, which
> where
> offered by the OS 'winxp x64' by default?
> can I extract such a list out of the OS at any way?
> I'm appreciative of any ideas, or proposals!
>
> many thanks,
>
> best regards,
>
> Joachim

Charlie Russel - MVP

%windir%\inf\ntprint.inf

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

Joachim wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is there anywhere a list of all printers and OEM's respectively,
> which where offered by the OS 'winxp x64' by default?
> can I extract such a list out of the OS at any way?
> I'm appreciative of any ideas, or proposals!
>
> many thanks,
>
> best regards,
>
> Joachim

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9hY2hpbQ==?=

Hello Andre,

i know this, of course, but i need such an 'original data list' which i can
export for example in excel to adjust them with another printer list.

best regards,

Joachim

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> You can check the add printer wizard to see the list of all print drivers
> that come with XP by default.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Joachim" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello,
> >
> > is there anywhere a list of all printers and OEM's respectively, which
> > where
> > offered by the OS 'winxp x64' by default?
> > can I extract such a list out of the OS at any way?
> > I'm appreciative of any ideas, or proposals!
> >
> > many thanks,
> >
> > best regards,
> >
> > Joachim

=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=

The file ntprint.inf shows all the printers natively supported (about 3200)
Often one printer driver can be used for another printer, so you dont' want
to jump to conclusions too soon.
Also HP has a document geared towards x64 support for HP Printers, and Epson
did the same last week.
You can see on this ng many entries relating to specific printer support,
and to me the most interesting was on 7/2/05 by Curto about zenographics
http://oem.zeno.com/Zx/Guide/Parts/Zx_64-bit.htm

You can check www.hcl.ms , even though I am still halfway in printers...

As Andre Dacosta forecasted last month, windowsmarketplace is now
preoccupied with x64, but only 63 entries so far, most of which are Intel
motherboards.
It is conceivable that they'll show printers soon for logo 2.2

http://testedproducts.windowsmarketp...&ocID=105&OR=1

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9hY2hpbQ==?=

Hello Chris, hello Charlie,

many thanks,

the information about the 'ntprint.inf' is exactly what i'm searching for,

have i nice day,

best regards,

Joachim

"Chris" wrote:

> The file ntprint.inf shows all the printers natively supported (about 3200)
> Often one printer driver can be used for another printer, so you dont' want
> to jump to conclusions too soon.
> Also HP has a document geared towards x64 support for HP Printers, and Epson
> did the same last week.
> You can see on this ng many entries relating to specific printer support,
> and to me the most interesting was on 7/2/05 by Curto about zenographics
> http://oem.zeno.com/Zx/Guide/Parts/Zx_64-bit.htm
>
> You can check www.hcl.ms , even though I am still halfway in printers...
>
> As Andre Dacosta forecasted last month, windowsmarketplace is now
> preoccupied with x64, but only 63 entries so far, most of which are Intel
> motherboards.
> It is conceivable that they'll show printers soon for logo 2.2
>
> http://testedproducts.windowsmarketp...&ocID=105&OR=1

=?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXIgU21pdGg=?=

I was unable to get an actual list of the printers in this .inf file. I am
working with Epson to find a compatible driver for the Epson RX600. They
asked me for a list of the Epson Printers supported and I was trying to pull
this list out of the ntprint.inf file. Can you tell me how to get the list of
epson printers that are supported?

All I can see in this file is:

; NTPRINT.INF (for Windows Server 2003 family)
;
; List of supported printers, manufacturers
;

[Version]
Signature="$Windows NT$"
Provider=%MS%
; LayoutFile=layout.inf
ClassGUID={4D36E979-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
Class=Printer
CatalogFile=ntprint.cat
DriverVer=10/01/2002,5.2.3790.1830

[ClassInstall32.NT]
AddReg=printer_class_addreg

[printer_class_addreg]
HKR,,,,%PrinterClassName%
HKR,,Icon,,"-4"
HKR,,Installer32,,"ntprint.dll,ClassInstall32"
HKR,,NoDisplayClass,,1
HKR,,EnumPropPages32,,"printui.dll,PrinterPropPage Provider"

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> %windir%\inf\ntprint.inf
>
> --
> Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> ======================
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> Joachim wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > is there anywhere a list of all printers and OEM's respectively,
> > which where offered by the OS 'winxp x64' by default?
> > can I extract such a list out of the OS at any way?
> > I'm appreciative of any ideas, or proposals!
> >
> > many thanks,
> >
> > best regards,
> >
> > Joachim

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9hY2hpbQ==?=

Hello Roger,

there is much empty space in the ntprint.inf, so you have to scroll down more.
If you do so, you will find the list of printers in the box.
Sorry, but it seems, that your Epson RX600 isn't part of it.

So you have to show on the OEM-manufacuterer-site.

good luck,

Joachim

"Roger Smith" wrote:

> I was unable to get an actual list of the printers in this .inf file. I am
> working with Epson to find a compatible driver for the Epson RX600. They
> asked me for a list of the Epson Printers supported and I was trying to pull
> this list out of the ntprint.inf file. Can you tell me how to get the list of
> epson printers that are supported?
>
> All I can see in this file is:
>
> ; NTPRINT.INF (for Windows Server 2003 family)
> ;
> ; List of supported printers, manufacturers
> ;
>
> [Version]
> Signature="$Windows NT$"
> Provider=%MS%
> ; LayoutFile=layout.inf
> ClassGUID={4D36E979-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
> Class=Printer
> CatalogFile=ntprint.cat
> DriverVer=10/01/2002,5.2.3790.1830
>
> [ClassInstall32.NT]
> AddReg=printer_class_addreg
>
> [printer_class_addreg]
> HKR,,,,%PrinterClassName%
> HKR,,Icon,,"-4"
> HKR,,Installer32,,"ntprint.dll,ClassInstall32"
> HKR,,NoDisplayClass,,1
> HKR,,EnumPropPages32,,"printui.dll,PrinterPropPage Provider"
>

> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
> > %windir%\inf\ntprint.inf
> >
> > --
> > Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> > ======================
> > Charlie.
> > http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
> >

> > Joachim wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > is there anywhere a list of all printers and OEM's respectively,
> > > which where offered by the OS 'winxp x64' by default?
> > > can I extract such a list out of the OS at any way?
> > > I'm appreciative of any ideas, or proposals!
> > >
> > > many thanks,
> > >
> > > best regards,
> > >
> > > Joachim

=?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXIgU21pdGg=?=

Wow Joachim,

You are right there is a lot of empty space.

Thank you so much that gave me the list of supported printers that I needed.

Roger

"Joachim" wrote:

> Hello Roger,
>
> there is much empty space in the ntprint.inf, so you have to scroll down more.
> If you do so, you will find the list of printers in the box.
> Sorry, but it seems, that your Epson RX600 isn't part of it.
>
> So you have to show on the OEM-manufacuterer-site.
>
> good luck,
>
> Joachim
>
> "Roger Smith" wrote:
>
> > I was unable to get an actual list of the printers in this .inf file. I am
> > working with Epson to find a compatible driver for the Epson RX600. They
> > asked me for a list of the Epson Printers supported and I was trying to pull
> > this list out of the ntprint.inf file. Can you tell me how to get the list of
> > epson printers that are supported?
> >
> > All I can see in this file is:
> >
> > ; NTPRINT.INF (for Windows Server 2003 family)
> > ;
> > ; List of supported printers, manufacturers
> > ;
> >
> > [Version]
> > Signature="$Windows NT$"
> > Provider=%MS%
> > ; LayoutFile=layout.inf
> > ClassGUID={4D36E979-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
> > Class=Printer
> > CatalogFile=ntprint.cat
> > DriverVer=10/01/2002,5.2.3790.1830
> >
> > [ClassInstall32.NT]
> > AddReg=printer_class_addreg
> >
> > [printer_class_addreg]
> > HKR,,,,%PrinterClassName%
> > HKR,,Icon,,"-4"
> > HKR,,Installer32,,"ntprint.dll,ClassInstall32"
> > HKR,,NoDisplayClass,,1
> > HKR,,EnumPropPages32,,"printui.dll,PrinterPropPage Provider"
> >

> > "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
> >
> > > %windir%\inf\ntprint.inf
> > >
> > > --
> > > Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
> > > Charlie.
> > > http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

Jerry Criswell

"Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> %windir%\inf\ntprint.inf

Can this file be read from the CD? I'm trying to find out if my Canon
C5500 is there.

JC