Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Can't use XP64 - No email spellcheck is a deal killer

Can't use XP64 - No email spellcheck is a deal killer

Dennis Pack

X65 was the predecessor to the VIC10 or VIC 20.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I can't find x65 OE???
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> If you search back through posts you will find this was hashed over a
>> month or so ago and the result was that the Office spell checker will not
>> work with x65 OE because x64 OE is 64 bit and Office is 32 bit.
>>
>> If you don't want to believe what I just told you, then do some research
>> on the subject.
>>

>> Mothra wrote:
>>> "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:e%(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Or perhaps because Office 2000 is 32-bit, it installed under "c:\Program
>>> Files (x86)" whereas Outlook Express is expecting files under
>>> "c:\Program Files".
>>>
>>> I haven't got my Windows x64 up and running at the moment; Goody2shoe,
>>> can you check which directory path Office installed under?

Goody2shoe

Was that the TimeX64? OneMHz Z-80 CPU & 2kilobytes of RAM? I think they
stopped manufacture when they couldn't get them to leak oil. Up the
colonies!
====================
I installed Office 2000 in a separate partition so I could share Office
with XP 32bit. Sharing Office between XP32 & XP64 worked, except for the
spell check thing. There were many recommendations about the locations of
some files and the Application Data\Microsoft\Proof paths in some reg
entries. I tried them, but no joy.

I'm planning to wipe it and reinstall with just XP 32 bit and the standard
C:\Program files. All because I can't spellcheck in OE64. Apparently I like
OE, with spellcheck, so much that I'll give up the cool new x64 OS. I have
so much time invested in learning the ins and outs of Office 2000 that I'm
unlikely to switch when a 64bit version of Office comes out. But I might
install some future Office64bit just to get OE64 spellcheck working.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...