Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > FYI on another driver missing

FYI on another driver missing

Don Awalt

I have a Casio Exilim EX-Z4U camera, and under 32 bit XP the USB driver as
part of XP supports it fine. But no such driver appears to exist under x64.
No sighting for 64 bit on Casio's web site either. I tried forcing the
install of the Generic USB MAss STroage Device (just to get pictures off),
it didn't work.

Rick

Your best option is to purchase a USB card reader and copy the pictures
directly from the SD/MMC storage media.

Don Awalt wrote:
> I have a Casio Exilim EX-Z4U camera, and under 32 bit XP the USB driver as
> part of XP supports it fine. But no such driver appears to exist under x64.
> No sighting for 64 bit on Casio's web site either. I tried forcing the
> install of the Generic USB MAss STroage Device (just to get pictures off),
> it didn't work.

John Barnes

I hope the camera supports this fully. Some cameras fill the built in
memory first and then any additional memory, thus making the first pictures
available only thru download directly from the camera.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Your best option is to purchase a USB card reader and copy the pictures
> directly from the SD/MMC storage media.
>

> Don Awalt wrote:
>> I have a Casio Exilim EX-Z4U camera, and under 32 bit XP the USB driver
>> as part of XP supports it fine. But no such driver appears to exist under
>> x64. No sighting for 64 bit on Casio's web site either. I tried forcing
>> the install of the Generic USB MAss STroage Device (just to get pictures
>> off), it didn't work.

Tony Sperlling

Well, he may be lucky - my EX-Z750 can copy at will either way to/from
card/memory.
Last option in 'play' menu!!!

Tony. . .

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I hope the camera supports this fully. Some cameras fill the built in
>memory first and then any additional memory, thus making the first pictures
>available only thru download directly from the camera.

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Your best option is to purchase a USB card reader and copy the pictures
>> directly from the SD/MMC storage media.
>>

>> Don Awalt wrote:
>>> I have a Casio Exilim EX-Z4U camera, and under 32 bit XP the USB driver
>>> as part of XP supports it fine. But no such driver appears to exist
>>> under x64. No sighting for 64 bit on Casio's web site either. I tried
>>> forcing the install of the Generic USB MAss STroage Device (just to get
>>> pictures off), it didn't work.

Tony Sperlling

Actually, if you connect the USB cable, a photo-printing wizard appears -
and your filemanager will list it as a new drive where you'll have complete
access to the pictures. Perhaps, yours came with the docking station, which
would make it that much simpler.

Tony. . .

news:(E-Mail Removed)...