Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > broadcom

broadcom

=?Utf-8?B?YTFjb21w?=

It is july12 and no chage in order status but I hear people are installing
oem xp64x and not having broadcom driver support.

Laptop is compaq r3k r3140us and had broadcom wireless driver?

If broadcom driver still is not on install cd built in driver list are there
any available 64 driver wireless pcmcia nic cards

Second can i install a new os on laptop and does it have to be to a different
partition

email response please to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Christian Hougardy

a1comp <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> It is july12 and no chage in order status but I hear people are
> installing oem xp64x and not having broadcom driver support.
>
> Laptop is compaq r3k r3140us and had broadcom wireless driver?
>
> If broadcom driver still is not on install cd built in driver list
> are there any available 64 driver wireless pcmcia nic cards
>
> Second can i install a new os on laptop and does it have to be to a
> different partition
>
> email response please to (E-Mail Removed)

Hello,

I'm using broadcom here and I didn't need any drivers at all, can you be
more specific ?
You can use dual boot but you'll need two partitions to do that, no way that
you install 2 OS's on one partition.
You may use softs lile partition magic or other free stuff to partition your
DD . But are you sure you want to do that on a laptop ? Do you have a DD big
enough for that ?

Cheers

--
Christian Hougardy
(Ruiselede - Belgium)

M. Murcek

Broadcom wireless G on my HP zv5000z worked right out of the gate with the
OEM version.

"a1comp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It is july12 and no chage in order status but I hear people are installing
> oem xp64x and not having broadcom driver support.
>
> Laptop is compaq r3k r3140us and had broadcom wireless driver?
>
> If broadcom driver still is not on install cd built in driver list are
> there
> any available 64 driver wireless pcmcia nic cards
>
> Second can i install a new os on laptop and does it have to be to a
> different
> partition
>
> email response please to (E-Mail Removed)

DKI

Using Broadcom based wireless card here no problems with the "in the box"
drivers

"a1comp" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> It is july12 and no chage in order status but I hear people are installing
> oem xp64x and not having broadcom driver support.
>
> Laptop is compaq r3k r3140us and had broadcom wireless driver?
>
> If broadcom driver still is not on install cd built in driver list are
> there
> any available 64 driver wireless pcmcia nic cards
>
> Second can i install a new os on laptop and does it have to be to a
> different
> partition
>
> email response please to (E-Mail Removed)

Speed, Broadcom 802.11g and Intel PRO/2200BG? Lisa Wireless Networking 4 03-13-2007 05:23 PM
108Mbps Compatability: NetGear wireless router & Broadcom built-in wireless Rich Wireless Networking 2 11-17-2005 02:26 PM
802.1x D600 Broadcom Jay Cisco 2 12-17-2004 09:02 PM
HP Pavilion zd7260us w/Broadcom WLAN--Configuring? Stranger Wireless Networking 0 11-10-2004 06:53 AM
Re: hp laptop 'zx5280us' and broadcom 54 g wireless not working with XP pro alvin.lecount Wireless Networking 0 08-20-2004 12:24 AM

Advertisments