Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows XP x64 BiT

Windows XP x64 BiT

=?Utf-8?B?TWlpa2U=?=

hi there, im have a problem with the xp, (x64BiT)....
Im not sure if my PC is 32 bit or 64 the PC is a VGC-V2s intel pentium 4,
3.20E GHz 800 MHz
If anyone has the same PC or knows if this PC is 64 Bit please tell me .....
can someone reccomend this product becuase currently im running on windows XP
home edition 2002 sp2
Thank You Miike.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

This article describes how to determine the processor type of a computer
that is running any one of the Windows x64 operating systems.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888731
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Miike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi there, im have a problem with the xp, (x64BiT)....
> Im not sure if my PC is 32 bit or 64 the PC is a VGC-V2s intel pentium 4,
> 3.20E GHz 800 MHz
> If anyone has the same PC or knows if this PC is 64 Bit please tell me
> can someone reccomend this product becuase currently im running on windows
> XP
> home edition 2002 sp2
> Thank You Miike.

Rick

I don't think this will help him. From what he asks, he wants to know
if his CPU has the EM64T features and capable of running x64. If you
are in Windows XP Pro (32 bit), this does not tell you if you have a 64
bit CPU. I have and Athlon 64 3000+ and in Win XP Pro (32 bit) all it
says is: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 8, AuthenticAMD

You need a program such as CPU-Z to identify your CPU and its capabilities.

http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php#download

Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
> This article describes how to determine the processor type of a computer
> that is running any one of the Windows x64 operating systems.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888731

Gilles Vollant \(MVP\)

"Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:

> You need a program such as CPU-Z to identify your CPU and its
> capabilities.
>
> http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php#download

or Everest

John Barnes

This won't work since he doesn't have x64 installed. He can check the Intel
site but I see no indication of this being a 64-bit cpu.

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> This article describes how to determine the processor type of a computer
> that is running any one of the Windows x64 operating systems.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/888731
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Miike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> hi there, im have a problem with the xp, (x64BiT)....
>> Im not sure if my PC is 32 bit or 64 the PC is a VGC-V2s intel pentium 4,
>> 3.20E GHz 800 MHz
>> If anyone has the same PC or knows if this PC is 64 Bit please tell me
>> can someone reccomend this product becuase currently im running on
>> windows XP
>> home edition 2002 sp2
>> Thank You Miike.

Rick

Gilles Vollant (MVP) wrote:
> "Rick" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de news:
> (E-Mail Removed)...
>

>>You need a program such as CPU-Z to identify your CPU and its
>>capabilities.
>>
>>http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php#download

> or Everest

http://www.lavalys.com/products/down...?pid=1&lang=en

I agree. I just forgot about Everest.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

I don't think its 64 bit enabled if you purchased last year or early this
year.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Miike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi there, im have a problem with the xp, (x64BiT)....
> Im not sure if my PC is 32 bit or 64 the PC is a VGC-V2s intel pentium 4,
> 3.20E GHz 800 MHz
> If anyone has the same PC or knows if this PC is 64 Bit please tell me
> can someone reccomend this product becuase currently im running on windows
> XP
> home edition 2002 sp2
> Thank You Miike.

Gilles Vollant \(MVP\)

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message
de news: (E-Mail Removed)...
>I don't think its 64 bit enabled if you purchased last year or early this
>year.

probably

With CPUID and Everest, he can known the motherboard and the socket. Pehaps
he can just replace the cpu by a new Pentium 4 541, if the socket is 775 and
the bios of motherboard compatible

R. C. White

Hi, Miike.

<Win>+<Break>

In other words, hold down the Windows logo key while you press the
Pause/Break key. The System Properties window should pop up in your face.

I'm not sure what Intel computers say, but mine says:
Computer:
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor
3200+
2.21 GHz 1.00 GB of RAM

And I just rebooted to make sure: It says this in both x64 and x86 versions
of WinXP Pro.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Miike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> hi there, im have a problem with the xp, (x64BiT)....
> Im not sure if my PC is 32 bit or 64 the PC is a VGC-V2s intel pentium 4,
> 3.20E GHz 800 MHz
> If anyone has the same PC or knows if this PC is 64 Bit please tell me
> can someone reccomend this product becuase currently im running on windows
> XP
> home edition 2002 sp2
> Thank You Miike.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You can also check >Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools >
System Information (System Summary > System Type).