Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Unable to create a PDF printer

Unable to create a PDF printer

=?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=

No matter what i do and what i use,i can't seem to create a PDF printer,all
those freebies out there dont work with x64,Bluebeam that comes embedded with
SolidWorks doesnt add a Bluebeam printer.

The only option i have is to buy Acrobat Pro but thats too expansive for
me,and even that im not sure it will work.

Im open up to ideas.

Thomas G. Madsen

lostword wrote:

> The only option i have is to buy Acrobat Pro but thats too
> expansive for me,and even that im not sure it will work.

It wouldn't help because Adobe hasn't released a 64-bit PDF
printer yet, unfortunately.

--
Regards
Madsen

Gilles Vollant \(MVP\)

"lostword" <(E-Mail Removed)> a écrit dans le message de
news: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)...
> No matter what i do and what i use,i can't seem to create a PDF printer

RedMon 64 bits and Ghotscript (32 or 64 bits) can be a solution

http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?showtopic=5454

http://www.winimage.com/misc/redmon/

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/redmon/
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/redmon/en/redmon.htm

http://www.huisartsoldenzaal.nl/srv_...fg-tool_en.pdf
http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/doc/AFPL/get851.htm

I've head "docuPrinter from neevia.com works well in x64 Edition" (see
thread "Printing to PDFs -- any way?") on this forum

Thomas Steffen

Thomas G. Madsen wrote:
> It wouldn't help because Adobe hasn't released a 64-bit PDF
> printer yet, unfortunately.

That's right. When will they wake up?

But you should be able to print to postscript (Microsoft supplies a
driver), and then convert the document to PDF using ghostscript. GSview
has a menu entry for doing that.

Some of the free PDF "printer drivers" such as PDFCreator are just glue
around the PS printer driver and ghostscript. They may work under x64
with little or no modification.

Thomas

Thomas G. Madsen

Thomas Steffen wrote:

> That's right. When will they wake up?

Soon I hope. I have requested it more than once at:
<http://www.adobe.com/support/feature.html>.

> But you should be able to print to postscript (Microsoft
> supplies a driver), and then convert the document to PDF using
> ghostscript. GSview has a menu entry for doing that.

It's too complicated to set up and doesn't work as well as the
regular Adobe PDF printer that I'm used to, in my opinion.

I have therefore chosen to wait on Adobe to release a x64
compatible PDF printer, and until it happens, I'm using the PDF
printer from Acrobat 7 Pro in WinXP x86. I still miss a bunch
of drivers for x64, so I haven't skipped WinXP x86 yet, but I'm
looking forward to the day where I'm able to skip it.

--
Regards
Madsen

Charlie Russel - MVP

Neevia's docuPrinter works well under x64 Edition. I'm running it now.
Installed without a hitch, and just works.

--
Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
======================

lostword wrote:
> No matter what i do and what i use,i can't seem to create a PDF
> printer,all those freebies out there dont work with x64,Bluebeam that
> comes embedded with SolidWorks doesnt add a Bluebeam printer.
>
> The only option i have is to buy Acrobat Pro but thats too expansive
> for me,and even that im not sure it will work.
>
> Im open up to ideas.

Thomas Steffen

Thomas G. Madsen wrote:
[ghostview[
> It's too complicated to set up and doesn't work as well as the
> regular Adobe PDF printer that I'm used to, in my opinion.

I need a Postscript viewer anyway, so for me it is no extra hassle. But
you are right, unfortunately the quality of the PDF document is not
quite the same.

> I have therefore chosen to wait on Adobe to release a x64
> compatible PDF printer, and until it happens, I'm using the PDF
> printer from Acrobat 7 Pro in WinXP x86. I still miss a bunch
> of drivers for x64, so I haven't skipped WinXP x86 yet, but I'm
> looking forward to the day where I'm able to skip it.

I am looking forward to the day the MS realises that it was a mistake to
put the printer driver into kernel space. Maybe soon?

Thomas

wewa

PDFCreator 0.8 AFPL works well for me in x64 3790:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...ease_id=228013

news:(E-Mail Removed)...