Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Mouse drivers - 64 bit IntelliMouse?

Mouse drivers - 64 bit IntelliMouse?

Stan Kasper

Greetings,

It appears the default mouse drivers lack the full functionality of there
32-bit counter parts. Is there a 64-bit version of the Intellimouse
driver set? Can someone recommend a good optical mouse that
has 64 bit drivers?

Thanks,

Stan

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

64 bit Drivers drivers for
intellimouse.......http://www.planetamd64.com/lofiversi...php/t4170.html
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Stan Kasper" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Greetings,
>
> It appears the default mouse drivers lack the full functionality of there
> 32-bit counter parts. Is there a 64-bit version of the Intellimouse
> driver set? Can someone recommend a good optical mouse that
> has 64 bit drivers?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Stan

=?Utf-8?B?Sm9u?=

Are Microsoft going to release their own driver for their own hardware and
software, or are they now relying on the goodwill of some developers to do
their jobs for them?

Why put a link to a web forum that is a generic 64 bit mouse control program
(and a very nice one at that). Why not tell us when Microsoft will be
supporting their own hardware with 64 bit drivers, or at least say that
intellimouse (and it's drivers) will never be supported under windows xp 64
bit.

John Barnes

This has been a big annoyance to many of us here, especially when Logitech
has released drivers for some of their hardware and Microsoft brand has
none. Intellitype and intellimouse, lets get with it. Either Microsoft
doesn't care about this system or once again they go with the cheapest least
responsive vendor/mfg as with TAP

"Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Are Microsoft going to release their own driver for their own hardware and
> software, or are they now relying on the goodwill of some developers to do
> their jobs for them?
>
> Why put a link to a web forum that is a generic 64 bit mouse control
> program
> (and a very nice one at that). Why not tell us when Microsoft will be
> supporting their own hardware with 64 bit drivers, or at least say that
> intellimouse (and it's drivers) will never be supported under windows xp
> 64
> bit.

Sean M

Isn't a lot of those mice and keyboards rebranded?

-- Sean M

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> This has been a big annoyance to many of us here, especially when Logitech
> has released drivers for some of their hardware and Microsoft brand has
> none. Intellitype and intellimouse, lets get with it. Either Microsoft
> doesn't care about this system or once again they go with the cheapest

least
> responsive vendor/mfg as with TAP
>

> "Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Are Microsoft going to release their own driver for their own hardware

and
> > software, or are they now relying on the goodwill of some developers to

do
> > their jobs for them?
> >
> > Why put a link to a web forum that is a generic 64 bit mouse control
> > program
> > (and a very nice one at that). Why not tell us when Microsoft will be
> > supporting their own hardware with 64 bit drivers, or at least say that
> > intellimouse (and it's drivers) will never be supported under windows xp
> > 64
> > bit.

DKI

Drivers for the extras on the keyboard like the finger print reader on my
keyboard has to come from the manufuctures like digitalpersona who developed
it.

But the keyboard and mouse drivers i am not sure about the 32bit ones have
the MS name as the manufucture but who wrote the drivers i am not sure the
drivers might be done by the people who do the hardware.

I seen some drivers for some of there older keyboards included in the OS.
but i though that the intellimouse and intellitype was developed by
microsoft direct and not external companies.

"Sean M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Isn't a lot of those mice and keyboards rebranded?
>
> -- Sean M

> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> This has been a big annoyance to many of us here, especially when
>> Logitech
>> has released drivers for some of their hardware and Microsoft brand has
>> none. Intellitype and intellimouse, lets get with it. Either Microsoft
>> doesn't care about this system or once again they go with the cheapest

> least
>> responsive vendor/mfg as with TAP
>>

>> "Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > Are Microsoft going to release their own driver for their own hardware

> and
>> > software, or are they now relying on the goodwill of some developers to

> do
>> > their jobs for them?
>> >
>> > Why put a link to a web forum that is a generic 64 bit mouse control
>> > program
>> > (and a very nice one at that). Why not tell us when Microsoft will be
>> > supporting their own hardware with 64 bit drivers, or at least say that
>> > intellimouse (and it's drivers) will never be supported under windows
>> > xp
>> > 64
>> > bit.

John Barnes

Those of us who bought Microsoft branded products and Microsoft x64 windows
don't care who makes the equipment or writes the drivers. You put your name
on it your reputation is going to suffer, and since they wrote x64 and don't
care enough about their own x64 system to push whoever is responsible for
the drivers, or assign their own people to do them they are doubly to blame.

"DKI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Drivers for the extras on the keyboard like the finger print reader on my
> keyboard has to come from the manufuctures like digitalpersona who
> developed it.
>
> But the keyboard and mouse drivers i am not sure about the 32bit ones have
> the MS name as the manufucture but who wrote the drivers i am not sure the
> drivers might be done by the people who do the hardware.
>
> I seen some drivers for some of there older keyboards included in the OS.
> but i though that the intellimouse and intellitype was developed by
> microsoft direct and not external companies.
>
> "Sean M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Isn't a lot of those mice and keyboards rebranded?
>>
>> -- Sean M
>>
>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> This has been a big annoyance to many of us here, especially when
>>> Logitech
>>> has released drivers for some of their hardware and Microsoft brand has
>>> none. Intellitype and intellimouse, lets get with it. Either Microsoft
>>> doesn't care about this system or once again they go with the cheapest

>> least
>>> responsive vendor/mfg as with TAP
>>>

>>> "Jon" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>> and

>> do

DKI

That is true, they should of at least got someone to get on it and even the
3rd party vendors to start work on it. despite posting on here some said
they are looking into it but that is besides the point and there is no
excuses realy why there is propper support.

This makes me wish now i went and got logitech (even though not all is X64
supported at this time) and not microsoft hardware since they seem so far
encapable of supporting there own hardware and others like logitech have
already made the move to supporting it.

I know since the beta versions people in the newsgroup been bugging the
developers about the issue and surley i would of though that with them
letting the right department know sending a message that support is needed
the ammount of times they been bugged. but obviously this shows the lazyness
in that department and they surely would of known about X64 comming.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Those of us who bought Microsoft branded products and Microsoft x64
> windows don't care who makes the equipment or writes the drivers. You put
> your name on it your reputation is going to suffer, and since they wrote
> x64 and don't care enough about their own x64 system to push whoever is
> responsible for the drivers, or assign their own people to do them they
> are doubly to blame.
>

> "DKI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Drivers for the extras on the keyboard like the finger print reader on my
>> keyboard has to come from the manufuctures like digitalpersona who
>> developed it.
>>
>> But the keyboard and mouse drivers i am not sure about the 32bit ones
>> have the MS name as the manufucture but who wrote the drivers i am not
>> sure the drivers might be done by the people who do the hardware.
>>
>> I seen some drivers for some of there older keyboards included in the OS.
>> but i though that the intellimouse and intellitype was developed by
>> microsoft direct and not external companies.
>>
>> "Sean M" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Isn't a lot of those mice and keyboards rebranded?
>>>
>>> -- Sean M
>>>
>>> "John Barnes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> least

>>> and
>>> do

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

It definitely sucks and hope this really a reality check for Microsoft how
they develop their products and integrate with different areas of the
business from hardware to software.