Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Initio Scsi Card in 64bit

Initio Scsi Card in 64bit

mickie

I am running a HP Scanjet 5 through an Initio SCSI card in my 32 bit OS and
this now is the only peice of hardware that I need to connect to finally
move over to 64bit permanently.

Why do I connect with a SCSI card, you ask, well the HP Scanjet only had
driver support up to Windows 98 so when I upgraded to XP many years ago I
had to buy a XP recognised SCSI connected through a standard PCI slot. The
Scanner is over 10yrs old but is quick and never faltered, So I am no very
willing to just throw it on the scrap heap.

I fear that I may have to go to a USB scanner assuming that their are 64bit
recognised drivers available or possibly some one has a work around......ie
I have just got my Epson Stylus C82 printer working with the 64 bit C84
drivers.

Any Help or Ideas would be appreciated.

regards

Mickie

Mercury

Odd, I ended up with several initio scsi's for tape drives and scanners.
They were the most reliable and least cost too which was a real bonus.

I suggest you check out initio & the chipset manufacturer (Initio?). I
wouldn't bet on it as scsi has died for devices such as these...

news:eT$(E-Mail Removed)...