Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Hp Printer support work around from HP

Hp Printer support work around from HP

Kue2

I got my photosmart 7550 up & running in Win64. {))))
This work around is posted on Hp.com
Go to the hpwebsite.

http://www.hp.com

Type in c00364537 at the bottom in the search area.

You will get a document HP Deskjet, Officejet, PSC, and Photosmart
Printers - Support for Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.

You will find that your printer HP Photosmart 7960 is not supported but
there is a workaround.

Go to document c00365046 and I think you will be able to get your printer to
work.

HP service here in Canada gave me the document reference c00364537 this
morning June 20, 2005.

To bad Microsoft couldn't do this for this product through a HCL (Hardware
Compability List) and make our lives simpler.

Reminds me when Windows 2000 was released and drivers for many things were
not available. Gave Windows 2000 a bad rep. Looks like the same thing is
happening again with the 64 Bit version of XP.

TIP when u chose printing port use the DOT one if u have a usb printer.
My photosmart 7550 now works in Win XP Pro 64 now!!!!!!!! ())))))
--
Hugh

=?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

And let's not forget the HP 5.64.0.10 Inkjet printers pre-beta drivers
available at www.planetamd64.com
Here's the link (only for registered users)
http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php...ownload&id=401

Work fine with my HP 5650 deskjet

Carlos

- Bobb -

Carlos,

a little help ...

I went there and registered and logged in.

I tried your link - I get " cannot use a link referenced from outside this
website - please register"

I then tried to search for " HP 5.64.0.10 "

and get : " Sorry, but we did not find any matches to display. "

I did a search for DESKJET and got a lot of this type postings:

" remove the print cartridges (they are 90% of the cost of the printer),
take the unit to the top of a parking garage, and drop it."

Bobb

news:(E-Mail Removed)...