Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Want to upgrade to 64 bit from 32 xp-pro

Want to upgrade to 64 bit from 32 xp-pro

Kue2

What is the last day u can upgrade your win32 to win 64? I'm still waiting
to see if Epson & hp will supply drivers for My hp photsmart 7550 & my Epson
sylus 4600.

Charlie Russel - MVP

End of July.

--
Charlie.
http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

Kue2 wrote:
> What is the last day u can upgrade your win32 to win 64? I'm still
> waiting to see if Epson & hp will supply drivers for My hp photsmart
> 7550 & my Epson sylus 4600.

John Barnes

If you are ready except for those two items, why don't you get started by
trying to get your order in. Many people report problems with the process.
Since it has been reported here many times that your x86 is cancelled when
you INSTALL the TAP version, you should be able to wait and watch for your
drivers and any change in dates. The current date to order is July 31, 2005

"Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> What is the last day u can upgrade your win32 to win 64? I'm still waiting
> to see if Epson & hp will supply drivers for My hp photsmart 7550 & my
> Epson sylus 4600.

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQgTW9vcmU=?=

We have Dell computers and it shouldn't be a major problem to upgrade them.
I just heard someone tell me that I wouldn't be able to transfer files to a
Windows 2000 server. I just needed to verify. Also, will exchange server
work with this setup.
--
Thank you,
Scott

"John Barnes" wrote:

> If you are ready except for those two items, why don't you get started by
> trying to get your order in. Many people report problems with the process.
> Since it has been reported here many times that your x86 is cancelled when
> you INSTALL the TAP version, you should be able to wait and watch for your
> drivers and any change in dates. The current date to order is July 31, 2005
>

> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> > What is the last day u can upgrade your win32 to win 64? I'm still waiting
> > to see if Epson & hp will supply drivers for My hp photsmart 7550 & my
> > Epson sylus 4600.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

No, Exchange Server 2003 or 2000 is not compatible with Windows x64, the
next version will be though.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Scott Moore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> We have Dell computers and it shouldn't be a major problem to upgrade
> them.
> I just heard someone tell me that I wouldn't be able to transfer files to
> Windows 2000 server. I just needed to verify. Also, will exchange server
> work with this setup.
> --
> Thank you,
> Scott
>

> "John Barnes" wrote:
>
>> If you are ready except for those two items, why don't you get started by
>> trying to get your order in. Many people report problems with the
>> process.
>> Since it has been reported here many times that your x86 is cancelled
>> when
>> you INSTALL the TAP version, you should be able to wait and watch for
>> your
>> drivers and any change in dates. The current date to order is July 31,
>> 2005
>>

>> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > What is the last day u can upgrade your win32 to win 64? I'm still
>> > waiting
>> > to see if Epson & hp will supply drivers for My hp photsmart 7550 & my
>> > Epson sylus 4600.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

He better do the Exchange before the 31st, if he plans on getting drivers
for his/her printers.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:eIE$(E-Mail Removed)...
> End of July.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> Kue2 wrote:
>> What is the last day u can upgrade your win32 to win 64? I'm still
>> waiting to see if Epson & hp will supply drivers for My hp photsmart
>> 7550 & my Epson sylus 4600.

=?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQgTW9vcmU=?=

Sorry, I replied to the wrong post. I'm wondering if exchange server on a
Windows 2000 server will work with Windows XP x64 workstations.
--
Thank you,
Scott

"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:

> No, Exchange Server 2003 or 2000 is not compatible with Windows x64, the
> next version will be though.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Scott Moore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > We have Dell computers and it shouldn't be a major problem to upgrade
> > them.
> > I just heard someone tell me that I wouldn't be able to transfer files to
> > Windows 2000 server. I just needed to verify. Also, will exchange server
> > work with this setup.
> > --
> > Thank you,
> > Scott
> >

> > "John Barnes" wrote:
> >
> >> If you are ready except for those two items, why don't you get started by
> >> trying to get your order in. Many people report problems with the
> >> process.
> >> Since it has been reported here many times that your x86 is cancelled
> >> when
> >> you INSTALL the TAP version, you should be able to wait and watch for
> >> your
> >> drivers and any change in dates. The current date to order is July 31,
> >> 2005
> >>

> >> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...

Kue2

Ok just ordered 64 bit win xp pro on the web site. Every thing went fine,but
could not print order(no drivers) {(((
Are they shipping Yet???
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> If you are ready except for those two items, why don't you get started by
> trying to get your order in. Many people report problems with the
> process. Since it has been reported here many times that your x86 is
> cancelled when you INSTALL the TAP version, you should be able to wait and
> watch for your drivers and any change in dates. The current date to order
> is July 31, 2005
>

> "Kue2" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> What is the last day u can upgrade your win32 to win 64? I'm still
>> waiting to see if Epson & hp will supply drivers for My hp photsmart 7550
>> & my Epson sylus 4600.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Yes, just as long as your have appropriate client apps ready Outlook or
Outlook Express or any other other app that plugs into Exchange, doesn't
matter, it will work.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Scott Moore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Sorry, I replied to the wrong post. I'm wondering if exchange server on a
> Windows 2000 server will work with Windows XP x64 workstations.
> --
> Thank you,
> Scott
>

> "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" wrote:
>
>> No, Exchange Server 2003 or 2000 is not compatible with Windows x64, the
>> next version will be though.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "Scott Moore" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > We have Dell computers and it shouldn't be a major problem to upgrade
>> > them.
>> > I just heard someone tell me that I wouldn't be able to transfer files
>> > Windows 2000 server. I just needed to verify. Also, will exchange
>> > server
>> > work with this setup.
>> > --
>> > Thank you,
>> > Scott

John Barnes

When I didn't have a printer you can either save the webpage, or copy and
paste the applicable information to a notepad and save it until you get a
way to print.

news:OHJbBT%(E-Mail Removed)...