Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Student Media upgrade?

Student Media upgrade?

=?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGggU2Nod2VyaW4=?=

Can I upgrade my Student Media version of XP Pro x86 to x64? I get a PID
error when I put it in.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Have you find out if there are any exchange programs available for your XP
Pro x86 under Academia? Its possible the route you got it through, you have
get the x64 through too.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Keith Schwerin" <Keith http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can I upgrade my Student Media version of XP Pro x86 to x64? I get a PID
> error when I put it in.

=?Utf-8?B?S2VpdGggU2Nod2VyaW4=?=

I got it through an Academic Alliance MSDN order page that my school had
given my access to for a class I was in. I no longer have access to the page.
It is a full version of XP Pro. I don't understand why the PID was not
recognized, I see no reason why the Student Media would be any different then
the store sold version.

I have purchased an x64 laptop and used toe x64 trial to collect the proper
drivers for it, and now would REALLY like to switch to x64 untill Longhorn
x64 comes out.

DKI

The exchange program is for RETAIL and OEM versions of XP Pro only. The
Academic Alliance MSDN version i think you have to get of the same place as
where you got the MSDN media.

"Keith Schwerin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I got it through an Academic Alliance MSDN order page that my school had
> given my access to for a class I was in. I no longer have access to the
> page.
> It is a full version of XP Pro. I don't understand why the PID was not
> recognized, I see no reason why the Student Media would be any different
> then
> the store sold version.
>
> I have purchased an x64 laptop and used toe x64 trial to collect the
> proper
> drivers for it, and now would REALLY like to switch to x64 untill Longhorn
> x64 comes out.

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Sorry, but thats how the license works for that particular "full" version of
XP Pro x86, you have to do it under the appropriate governance which in this
case would be Academic Alliance MSDN.