Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > virtual pc 2004 and windows x64

virtual pc 2004 and windows x64

Yug3sh

Anyone have a solution for getting VPC 2004 working on windows x64?

Is MS planning a patch of VPC anytime soon that will allow it to run on x64?

Thanks.

Mark Gillespie

Yug3sh got up from the bar and shouted: :
> Anyone have a solution for getting VPC 2004 working on windows x64?
>
> Is MS planning a patch of VPC anytime soon that will allow it to run on x64?
>
> Thanks.

Like the Intellitype and Intellimouse - "Sometime in the future",
perhaps Tomorrow, perhaps next year, perhaps when LittleHorn arives,
perhaps when man lands on the sun...

You would think they would be eager to get VPC working with 64Bit, as
VMWare 5 was worked for 4 months now... Tick Tock Microsoft......

DKI

VPC will be made compatable with service pack 2 which should be released
with in this year. but remember since they want to get it right time tables
with them are not reliable but i rather them have more time and break time
tables to deliver a good product then a crap one.

The intellitype and intellimouse is a different story. untill that
department (who ever it is) pull there fingers out there arses then we are
going to have to wait, its suppose to be in the works or soon but realy bill
gates him self should of put presure on those people to get the ball rolling
since the department who handles the hardware side should of knew X64 was
being built and going to be released.

"Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Yug3sh got up from the bar and shouted: :
>> Anyone have a solution for getting VPC 2004 working on windows x64?
>>
>> Is MS planning a patch of VPC anytime soon that will allow it to run on
>> x64?
>>
>> Thanks.

> Like the Intellitype and Intellimouse - "Sometime in the future", perhaps
> Tomorrow, perhaps next year, perhaps when LittleHorn arives, perhaps when
> man lands on the sun...
>
> You would think they would be eager to get VPC working with 64Bit, as
> VMWare 5 was worked for 4 months now... Tick Tock Microsoft......

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Where did you get that about Service Pack 2 will make Virtual PC 2004
compatible XP Pro x64 DKI? I remember reading somewhere, Microsoft will
release a version 2 of Virtual PC this year that will be compatible with
x64.

In the mean time, your best solution is VM Ware or Virtual Server 2005 SP1.
VM Ware Workstation 5 Trial:
http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/ne...eval_login.jsp

Virtual Server 2005 SP1 "BETA"
Download Virtual Server 2005 SP1:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...n/sp1beta.mspx

Remember, its beta:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...r/default.mspx
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"DKI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> VPC will be made compatable with service pack 2 which should be released
> with in this year. but remember since they want to get it right time
> tables with them are not reliable but i rather them have more time and
> break time tables to deliver a good product then a crap one.
>
> The intellitype and intellimouse is a different story. untill that
> department (who ever it is) pull there fingers out there arses then we are
> going to have to wait, its suppose to be in the works or soon but realy
> bill gates him self should of put presure on those people to get the ball
> rolling since the department who handles the hardware side should of knew
> X64 was being built and going to be released.
>
> "Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Yug3sh got up from the bar and shouted: :
>>> Anyone have a solution for getting VPC 2004 working on windows x64?
>>>
>>> Is MS planning a patch of VPC anytime soon that will allow it to run on
>>> x64?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>> Like the Intellitype and Intellimouse - "Sometime in the future", perhaps
>> Tomorrow, perhaps next year, perhaps when LittleHorn arives, perhaps when
>> man lands on the sun...
>>
>> You would think they would be eager to get VPC working with 64Bit, as
>> VMWare 5 was worked for 4 months now... Tick Tock Microsoft......

DKI

I can't remember where i found the info. also somewhere in either this news
group or the old beta news group before it switched over to here mike from
MS said something about it.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where did you get that about Service Pack 2 will make Virtual PC 2004
> compatible XP Pro x64 DKI? I remember reading somewhere, Microsoft will
> release a version 2 of Virtual PC this year that will be compatible with
> x64.
>
> In the mean time, your best solution is VM Ware or Virtual Server 2005
> SP1.
> VM Ware Workstation 5 Trial:
> http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/ne...eval_login.jsp
>
> Virtual Server 2005 SP1 "BETA"
> Download Virtual Server 2005 SP1:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...n/sp1beta.mspx
>
> Remember, its beta:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...r/default.mspx
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "DKI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> VPC will be made compatable with service pack 2 which should be released
>> with in this year. but remember since they want to get it right time
>> tables with them are not reliable but i rather them have more time and
>> break time tables to deliver a good product then a crap one.
>>
>> The intellitype and intellimouse is a different story. untill that
>> department (who ever it is) pull there fingers out there arses then we
>> are going to have to wait, its suppose to be in the works or soon but
>> realy bill gates him self should of put presure on those people to get
>> the ball rolling since the department who handles the hardware side
>> should of knew X64 was being built and going to be released.
>>
>> "Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Yug3sh got up from the bar and shouted: :

>>> Like the Intellitype and Intellimouse - "Sometime in the future",
>>> perhaps Tomorrow, perhaps next year, perhaps when LittleHorn arives,
>>> perhaps when man lands on the sun...
>>>
>>> You would think they would be eager to get VPC working with 64Bit, as
>>> VMWare 5 was worked for 4 months now... Tick Tock Microsoft......

DKI

just read what you was refering to sorry now being a little more clearer
Mike said it would be out this year SP2 and it being compatable and
somewhere else was more about the dates.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where did you get that about Service Pack 2 will make Virtual PC 2004
> compatible XP Pro x64 DKI? I remember reading somewhere, Microsoft will
> release a version 2 of Virtual PC this year that will be compatible with
> x64.
>
> In the mean time, your best solution is VM Ware or Virtual Server 2005
> SP1.
> VM Ware Workstation 5 Trial:
> http://www.vmware.com/vmwarestore/ne...eval_login.jsp
>
> Virtual Server 2005 SP1 "BETA"
> Download Virtual Server 2005 SP1:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...n/sp1beta.mspx
>
> Remember, its beta:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserv...r/default.mspx
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "DKI" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> VPC will be made compatable with service pack 2 which should be released
>> with in this year. but remember since they want to get it right time
>> tables with them are not reliable but i rather them have more time and
>> break time tables to deliver a good product then a crap one.
>>
>> The intellitype and intellimouse is a different story. untill that
>> department (who ever it is) pull there fingers out there arses then we
>> are going to have to wait, its suppose to be in the works or soon but
>> realy bill gates him self should of put presure on those people to get
>> the ball rolling since the department who handles the hardware side
>> should of knew X64 was being built and going to be released.
>>
>> "Mark Gillespie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Yug3sh got up from the bar and shouted: :

>>> Like the Intellitype and Intellimouse - "Sometime in the future",
>>> perhaps Tomorrow, perhaps next year, perhaps when LittleHorn arives,
>>> perhaps when man lands on the sun...
>>>
>>> You would think they would be eager to get VPC working with 64Bit, as
>>> VMWare 5 was worked for 4 months now... Tick Tock Microsoft......

Charlie Russel - MVP

In spite of what others are saying on this thread, I don't believe anyone has
announced when VPC will support x64 Edition. It _will_ be supported for
Virtual Server SP1, which is due out soon.

--
Charlie.
http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

Yug3sh wrote:
> Anyone have a solution for getting VPC 2004 working on windows x64?
>
> Is MS planning a patch of VPC anytime soon that will allow it to run
> on x64?
> Thanks.

DKI

I not sure but in either this group or the old beta news group for x64 it
was confirmed by mike from MSFT a while back that they would be supporting
VPC with SP2.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In spite of what others are saying on this thread, I don't believe anyone
> has announced when VPC will support x64 Edition. It _will_ be supported
> for Virtual Server SP1, which is due out soon.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> Yug3sh wrote:
>> Anyone have a solution for getting VPC 2004 working on windows x64?
>>
>> Is MS planning a patch of VPC anytime soon that will allow it to run
>> on x64?
>> Thanks.

Colin Barnhorst

No announcement has been made about a new service pack for VPC that will
support x64. Virtual Server 2005 SP1 beta does run on x64. That Service
Pack will probably go to rtm by the end of the year.

"Yug3sh" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone have a solution for getting VPC 2004 working on windows x64?
>
> Is MS planning a patch of VPC anytime soon that will allow it to run on
> x64?
>
> Thanks.

Charlie Russel - MVP

Thanks, Colin. Hopefully they'll believe you, since they don't seem to want
to believe me.