Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Help on Instal boot

Reply
Thread Tools

Help on Instal boot

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
I have the iso saved onto a cd but everytime i start my cpu it wont boot off
the cd. does anyone know why and or how to make it.
thanks
--


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Christian Hougardy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
Charles <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have the iso saved onto a cd but everytime i start my cpu it wont
> boot off the cd. does anyone know why and or how to make it.
> thanks

Well, I'm afraid you got it wrong: don't save the iso, burn it... the best
way is to use a soft like Nero...
Iso's are made to be burned, not decompressed, not saved...

Cheers



--
Christian Hougardy
(Ruiselde - Belgium)
http://msmvps.com/xpditif
http://msmvps.com/xperts64


 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
It is an image you should have burnt to a CD with either NERO or Easy CD
Creator. You should not have unzipped it. I have experienced problem burning
images this way.

Read this:
http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm

Also check out ISO Recorder:
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/Beta.htm
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have the iso saved onto a cd but everytime i start my cpu it wont boot
>off
> the cd. does anyone know why and or how to make it.
> thanks
> --
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
oh im sorry i did burn it to a disc i just wrote saved. i right clicked and
hit copy image to cd. is that write. i did it with iso recorder. is that ok.
and if so what do i do now to make it work.
thanks

"Christian Hougardy" wrote:

> Charles <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> > I have the iso saved onto a cd but everytime i start my cpu it wont
> > boot off the cd. does anyone know why and or how to make it.
> > thanks

> Well, I'm afraid you got it wrong: don't save the iso, burn it... the best
> way is to use a soft like Nero...
> Iso's are made to be burned, not decompressed, not saved...
>
> Cheers
>
>
>
> --
> Christian Hougardy
> (Ruiselde - Belgium)
> http://msmvps.com/xpditif
> http://msmvps.com/xperts64
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
RonK
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
You have to Burn it onto the cd as an Image - you don't just copy it onto
cd.

"Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have the iso saved onto a cd but everytime i start my cpu it wont boot
>off
> the cd. does anyone know why and or how to make it.
> thanks
> --
>
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
i copied the image to the cd. but it still wont work. i used an iso recorder

"RonK" wrote:

> You have to Burn it onto the cd as an Image - you don't just copy it onto
> cd.
>
> "Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have the iso saved onto a cd but everytime i start my cpu it wont boot
> >off
> > the cd. does anyone know why and or how to make it.
> > thanks
> > --
> >
> >

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
R. C. White
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
Hi, Charles.

You DID set your BIOS to boot from CD, didn't you?

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have the iso saved onto a cd but everytime i start my cpu it wont boot
>off
> the cd. does anyone know why and or how to make it.
> thanks



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
no
how do you do this. thanks. i know how to get into my bios but i dont know
where to go to change it.
thanks

"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, Charles.
>
> You DID set your BIOS to boot from CD, didn't you?
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >I have the iso saved onto a cd but everytime i start my cpu it wont boot
> >off
> > the cd. does anyone know why and or how to make it.
> > thanks

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
R. C. White
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
Hi, Charles.

Each BIOS is specific to the make and model of the computer (actually the
motherboard), so we can't answer that for you without knowing about your
computer - or your motherboard, if it was custom built. But your owner's
manual should tell you.

After you press the specific key as your computer starts to boot, you should
see the first screen for the BIOS setup utility. Probably the first screen
will show you the time setting and the list of connected hard drives, and
maybe the CD/DVD drives, too. You may need to go to a second or third page
to find the place to specify which drive is to be the boot device; most
BIOSes these days let you specify a second choice in case the first one
doesn't hold an operating system at boot time, and maybe a third choice.
When you find this page, set it to boot first from your CD drive. (Most DVD
drives will work as a CD drive as well.)

Once you have the BIOS set to boot from CD, put the WinXP CD-ROM into the
drive and reboot the computer. It should find the startup files on the CD
and boot into the WinXP Setup program. Setup knows how to partition and
format your HD, and copy LOTS of files to that drive. Then, after doing
some preparation, it will automatically reboot. You do NOT want to boot
from the CD this second time! You want to boot from your HD to load WinXP
and continue the Setup process. (It will probably tell you that it will
finish in 39 minutes, but that estimated time is often VERY optimistic.)
You may need to enter the BIOS a second time before the reboot to change the
boot device back to your first HD.

As I said, each BIOS is different. My newest BIOS for this EPoX motherboard
has a new feature that I've not seen before. I can leave it set to boot
from HD, but press <Esc> as it starts to boot. This makes it pause after
detecting the installed devices and present a menu to choose the
one-time-only boot device. I can pick the CD at this point and boot from CD
to start WinXP Setup. Then, when it comes to reboot time, it automatically
reverts to the previous boot device and reboots from my HD to finish Setup.

If you need further instructions, please tell us the make and model of your
computer (or mobo) and someone here should be able to give you specific
advice.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
(E-Mail Removed)
Microsoft Windows MVP

"Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> no
> how do you do this. thanks. i know how to get into my bios but i dont know
> where to go to change it.
> thanks
>
> "R. C. White" wrote:
>
>> Hi, Charles.
>>
>> You DID set your BIOS to boot from CD, didn't you?
>>
>> RC
>>
>> "Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> >I have the iso saved onto a cd but everytime i start my cpu it wont boot
>> >off
>> > the cd. does anyone know why and or how to make it.
>> > thanks



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlcw==?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
hey thanks alot man i really apreciate your advice. i will do that. just so
you know i have a AMD athalon 64 processor and a abit NF8 series mother
board. i built it myself but i really didnt do to much with the bios. and
what i did was like back in last oct so i forgot how. thanks again.

"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, Charles.
>
> Each BIOS is specific to the make and model of the computer (actually the
> motherboard), so we can't answer that for you without knowing about your
> computer - or your motherboard, if it was custom built. But your owner's
> manual should tell you.
>
> After you press the specific key as your computer starts to boot, you should
> see the first screen for the BIOS setup utility. Probably the first screen
> will show you the time setting and the list of connected hard drives, and
> maybe the CD/DVD drives, too. You may need to go to a second or third page
> to find the place to specify which drive is to be the boot device; most
> BIOSes these days let you specify a second choice in case the first one
> doesn't hold an operating system at boot time, and maybe a third choice.
> When you find this page, set it to boot first from your CD drive. (Most DVD
> drives will work as a CD drive as well.)
>
> Once you have the BIOS set to boot from CD, put the WinXP CD-ROM into the
> drive and reboot the computer. It should find the startup files on the CD
> and boot into the WinXP Setup program. Setup knows how to partition and
> format your HD, and copy LOTS of files to that drive. Then, after doing
> some preparation, it will automatically reboot. You do NOT want to boot
> from the CD this second time! You want to boot from your HD to load WinXP
> and continue the Setup process. (It will probably tell you that it will
> finish in 39 minutes, but that estimated time is often VERY optimistic.)
> You may need to enter the BIOS a second time before the reboot to change the
> boot device back to your first HD.
>
> As I said, each BIOS is different. My newest BIOS for this EPoX motherboard
> has a new feature that I've not seen before. I can leave it set to boot
> from HD, but press <Esc> as it starts to boot. This makes it pause after
> detecting the installed devices and present a menu to choose the
> one-time-only boot device. I can pick the CD at this point and boot from CD
> to start WinXP Setup. Then, when it comes to reboot time, it automatically
> reverts to the previous boot device and reboots from my HD to finish Setup.
>
> If you need further instructions, please tell us the make and model of your
> computer (or mobo) and someone here should be able to give you specific
> advice.
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> (E-Mail Removed)
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > no
> > how do you do this. thanks. i know how to get into my bios but i dont know
> > where to go to change it.
> > thanks
> >
> > "R. C. White" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi, Charles.
> >>
> >> You DID set your BIOS to boot from CD, didn't you?
> >>
> >> RC
> >>
> >> "Charles" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> >I have the iso saved onto a cd but everytime i start my cpu it wont boot
> >> >off
> >> > the cd. does anyone know why and or how to make it.
> >> > thanks

>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
boot of "cisco2-C1600" using boot helper "eprom:c1600-boot-r.111-10.AA" failed Pete.Rudolph@gmail.com Cisco 2 06-14-2007 03:41 AM
REQ:help with OS instal/hdd problem please. dice Computer Support 3 02-09-2007 06:32 PM
Help on Instal 'PowerPoint'... Bigbazza Computer Support 2 12-31-2006 07:44 AM
Poioter won't boot from CD & won't allow re-instal Philip NZ Computing 4 02-25-2006 09:53 AM
can someone help me instal CGI C++ library on Linux PHP2 C++ 0 11-23-2003 12:54 AM



Advertisments