Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > directx 9c

directx 9c

=?Utf-8?B?ZGc=?=

installation error message says i do not have a compatible version of
windows. something different with directx 9c on windows x64 or what?

Charlie Russel - MVP

yes, it's already built in to the OS. You don't need to install it.

--
Charlie.
http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

dg wrote:
> installation error message says i do not have a compatible version of
> windows. something different with directx 9c on windows x64 or what?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

DirectX 9.0c is installed automatically when the OS is installed.
Select Start / All Programs / Accessories / System Tools / System
Information. Then when that window pops up select Tools / DirectX Diagnostic
Tool and check your "already installed" DirectX settings.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"dg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> installation error message says i do not have a compatible version of
> windows. something different with directx 9c on windows x64 or what?

=?Utf-8?B?ZGc=?=

thanks!

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> yes, it's already built in to the OS. You don't need to install it.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> dg wrote:
> > installation error message says i do not have a compatible version of
> > windows. something different with directx 9c on windows x64 or what?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

You DO NOT NEED to install any version of DirectX out of the box with x64.
It ships with DX9.0c which should handle anything you can throw at it just
fine. I havent had any trouble with gaming on x64 using the base
installation, so you should be fine too.

Now, if you have issues with DX compatbility thats another thing completely.
Some older games wont run on DX9 and this can cause you issues on x64. If
thats the case and you have to have that game on your system, consider a
dual boot installation of 32 and 64bit Windows to resolve the issue, or
consider buying a new game, there's plenty out there.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"dg" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> installation error message says i do not have a compatible version of
> windows. something different with directx 9c on windows x64 or what?

Embeding Directx in aspx page? =?Utf-8?B?UGlja3dpY2tCb2Iz?= ASP .Net 1 12-01-2005 09:37 AM
How do I get to the directX stuff John Grant ASP .Net 1 08-10-2004 10:47 PM
directx with vb.net tanuki ASP .Net 5 06-25-2004 05:54 AM
Directx 9.0a Instalation in VS studio .NET 2003 Joao Santa Barbara ASP .Net 1 07-11-2003 01:27 PM
DirectX install problem. -'-JesterDev-'- Computer Support 1 06-23-2003 09:27 PM

Advertisments