Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Trial edition

Trial edition

=?Utf-8?B?UmFuZGFsbA==?=

I am going to be getting a new motherboard and AMD Athlon 64 3800+
processor and was looking at getting XP 64. I have to wipe my PC anyways as
its been over a year since its last install and it needs it so I figured I'd
try the trial edition first. My question is will the trial edition work as a
clean install or only as an upgrade? I couldn't find anything on the web site
stating one or the other. Thanks

Randall

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Randall;
The 64 bit is OEM so a Clean Install is the only way.
You can not upgrade from another OS to 64 bit.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Randall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I am going to be getting a new motherboard and AMD Athlon 64 3800+
> processor and was looking at getting XP 64. I have to wipe my PC anyways
> as
> its been over a year since its last install and it needs it so I figured
> I'd
> try the trial edition first. My question is will the trial edition work as
> clean install or only as an upgrade? I couldn't find anything on the web
> site
> stating one or the other. Thanks
>
> Randall

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

When it comes to x64 its most likely to be a clean install, you can't
upgrade from any other version or edition of Windows to it.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Randall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I am going to be getting a new motherboard and AMD Athlon 64 3800+
> processor and was looking at getting XP 64. I have to wipe my PC anyways
> as
> its been over a year since its last install and it needs it so I figured
> I'd
> try the trial edition first. My question is will the trial edition work as
> clean install or only as an upgrade? I couldn't find anything on the web
> site
> stating one or the other. Thanks
>
> Randall

=?Utf-8?B?UmFuZGFsbA==?=

Thanks, For some reason I just wasn't thinking. Too much work and not enough
play I think. Thanks for the quick answer.

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Randall;
> The 64 bit is OEM so a Clean Install is the only way.
> You can not upgrade from another OS to 64 bit.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Randall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > I am going to be getting a new motherboard and AMD Athlon 64 3800+
> > processor and was looking at getting XP 64. I have to wipe my PC anyways
> > as
> > its been over a year since its last install and it needs it so I figured
> > I'd
> > try the trial edition first. My question is will the trial edition work as
> > clean install or only as an upgrade? I couldn't find anything on the web
> > site
> > stating one or the other. Thanks
> >
> > Randall

Steve [387095]

This will be a fun install. Clean of course. my main complaint is that sound
will not work on my MB under XP64 no problem with 32bit.

--

Steve Herrick [387095]

"Randall" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> I am going to be getting a new motherboard and AMD Athlon 64 3800+
> processor and was looking at getting XP 64. I have to wipe my PC anyways
> as
> its been over a year since its last install and it needs it so I figured
> I'd
> try the trial edition first. My question is will the trial edition work as
> clean install or only as an upgrade? I couldn't find anything on the web
> site
> stating one or the other. Thanks
>
> Randall

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]