Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > GeForce 4 Go drivers

GeForce 4 Go drivers

=?Utf-8?B?Z3JlZ2gxNg==?=

Has anyone found any 64 bit GeForce 4 Go drivers that work?? I have an HP
zv4505 laptop.
I can't believe HP is this far behind on drivers. How did a new operating
system "sneak up" on one of the largest laptop manufactures and not have
drivers 3 months after the release of the operating system? You would think
they would at least have some BETA drivers by now!!!

Torrey Lauer

Greg,

I know that there are GeForce 4 Go beta drivers available. I have an HP
Compaq laptop, and have used the beta drivers, and it is working well.

Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the site from which I downloaded
them. If no one else posts the site, I'll post it tonight when I get home.

--
Torrey Lauer
Modern Travel Services

Rainbow Sky Travel
rainbow sky travel DOT net
"gregh16" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone found any 64 bit GeForce 4 Go drivers that work?? I have an HP
> zv4505 laptop.
> I can't believe HP is this far behind on drivers. How did a new operating
> system "sneak up" on one of the largest laptop manufactures and not have
> drivers 3 months after the release of the operating system? You would
> think
> they would at least have some BETA drivers by now!!!

M. Murcek

Go check laptopvideo2go.com You need the modded .inf file for the nVidia
graphics driver. It will allow you to manually "force" installation of the
GeForce 4 440 Go laptop video adapter (That's what I'm using in my zv5000z)
You still may have trouble with the standby function, though...

"gregh16" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Has anyone found any 64 bit GeForce 4 Go drivers that work?? I have an HP
> zv4505 laptop.
> I can't believe HP is this far behind on drivers. How did a new operating
> system "sneak up" on one of the largest laptop manufactures and not have
> drivers 3 months after the release of the operating system? You would
> think
> they would at least have some BETA drivers by now!!!

=?Utf-8?B?Z3JlZ2gxNg==?=

I downloaded the drivers and the INF file, but the video card could not be
found during install. ANy other ideas???

"gregh16" wrote:

> Has anyone found any 64 bit GeForce 4 Go drivers that work?? I have an HP
> zv4505 laptop.
> I can't believe HP is this far behind on drivers. How did a new operating
> system "sneak up" on one of the largest laptop manufactures and not have
> drivers 3 months after the release of the operating system? You would think
> they would at least have some BETA drivers by now!!!

=?Utf-8?B?enhub3M=?=

1. tell the installer that you will pick the location fo the drivers then
select 'have disk' pick the desktop version of the 440.
or
2. google for NGO Nvidia drivers and use those. they will find your card
through the installer.