Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Upgrading to Win 2003 domain from win 2000 domain

Upgrading to Win 2003 domain from win 2000 domain

=?Utf-8?B?VGVyZW5jZSBUaG9tYXM=?=

I would like to upgrade the present windows 2000 domain in our work place to
windows 2003 domain.Our present domain is a single forest single tree single
domain structure having 2 Domain controllers,7 member servers and 2
independent servers.Exchange server 2000 is deployed in one of the domain
controllers.One of our servers is running WinNT and it is having the
Infrastructure master FSMO role. The various FSMO roles are allocated to
different domain controllers as well as to the member servers.The PDC and
schema master roles are alloted for the domain controller having the Exchange
server and the RID master is alloted to the other domain controller.Both the
DCs are global catalog servers.One of the member server is running on win
2003 server.The other major applications are Oracle and SQL server runnig on
memeber servers.
Guide me for the implementing the same.
--
Terence Thomas
Jr. Network Admin

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Here is the appropriate group for such a question:
microsoft.public.windows.server.migration
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"Terence Thomas" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I would like to upgrade the present windows 2000 domain in our work place
> windows 2003 domain.Our present domain is a single forest single tree
> single
> domain structure having 2 Domain controllers,7 member servers and 2
> independent servers.Exchange server 2000 is deployed in one of the domain
> controllers.One of our servers is running WinNT and it is having the
> Infrastructure master FSMO role. The various FSMO roles are allocated to
> different domain controllers as well as to the member servers.The PDC and
> schema master roles are alloted for the domain controller having the
> Exchange
> server and the RID master is alloted to the other domain controller.Both
> the
> DCs are global catalog servers.One of the member server is running on win
> 2003 server.The other major applications are Oracle and SQL server runnig
> on
> memeber servers.
> Guide me for the implementing the same.
> --
> Terence Thomas
> Jr. Network Admin

Charlie Russel - MVP

Andre has pointed you to the right group. But I'd strongly suggest that you
bite the bullet and get rid of the Windows NT server. Given that support is
over for it, and given the restrictions that it imposes on your domain
functionality, now is the time.

--
Charlie.
http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/