Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > System error/Machine Error Messages

Reply
Thread Tools

System error/Machine Error Messages

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?TEFPRkE=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2005
I'm getting a lot of errors, system errors, machine errors, what's the best
way to identify where are they from. I open event viewer. I have over 2,000
events lots of warnings and errors, althought most are Information. The
latest have Dhcp next to it, I guest is having problems with renewing the IP
address, it could be my modem(Motorola Surfboard SB5101), after sometime
idling I have to reset the modem(cable). I'm also getting system errors that
have a Warning and WMIxWDM. Ususally after I log out I get this message. I
will really appreciate your responses. Please be gentle I'm still fragile
after the upgrade.

Several users in same compu.
Asus K8N Socket 754
Nvidia nForce3 250
HT800
DDR400 1G
(2pc 512mb)
PC-3200/400MHZ
HHD 250 GB 7200RPM 8mb SATA
DVD RW 16x DVD+RW Dual Layer
AC 97 direct 3D Integrated
Windows XP Pro x64 3790
OEM


--
Jesus is Lord
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Barnes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-04-2005
Not an answer to this post, but another strange 'error' situation I ran
into. I looked in my system event log when I was investigating another
problem, and found hundreds of 'error' messages saying that PFC.sys couldn't
load because it was a 32-bit driver. So, I decided to remove it if it
wasn't being loaded anyway. Wrong, as it did eliminate the hundreds of
messages, but my DVD and CD writers then went unusable and showed up with ?
in the device manager. So reinstalled, now have both error messages but
working hardware.
I am happy to have my drives working, but it sure makes it difficult to find
legitimate errors in the event log when you have hundreds of these items
listed.


"LAOFA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm getting a lot of errors, system errors, machine errors, what's the
> best
> way to identify where are they from. I open event viewer. I have over
> 2,000
> events lots of warnings and errors, althought most are Information. The
> latest have Dhcp next to it, I guest is having problems with renewing the
> IP
> address, it could be my modem(Motorola Surfboard SB5101), after sometime
> idling I have to reset the modem(cable). I'm also getting system errors
> that
> have a Warning and WMIxWDM. Ususally after I log out I get this message. I
> will really appreciate your responses. Please be gentle I'm still fragile
> after the upgrade.
>
> Several users in same compu.
> Asus K8N Socket 754
> Nvidia nForce3 250
> HT800
> DDR400 1G
> (2pc 512mb)
> PC-3200/400MHZ
> HHD 250 GB 7200RPM 8mb SATA
> DVD RW 16x DVD+RW Dual Layer
> AC 97 direct 3D Integrated
> Windows XP Pro x64 3790
> OEM
>
>
> --
> Jesus is Lord



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Joseph Conway [MSFT]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
Can you post some of the errors here? Preferably the latest ones.

 
Reply With Quote
 
John Barnes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
Event ID 1060

This is the message is repeated dozens of times per bootup

\SystemRoot\SysWow64\drivers\pfc.sys has been blocked from loading due to
incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a
compatible version of the driver.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

****************************************
The following are two posts I found in other forums. The second one is
exactly what my experience is. I also have no idea what program installed
it, but without it my optical drives also become ? in the device manager.
All 3 are listed with the ?

The only other error that I have is PFC.sys and I don't know what
application installed it, the file resides in c:\windows\wow64\drivers\ can
anyone tell me if they have this file or not?

***

I was getting this event in my event viewer too. I couldn't work out what
caused it - removing the file for testing stopped my optical drives from
being seen after a reboot.

***

""Joseph Conway [MSFT]"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can you post some of the errors here? Preferably the latest ones.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
Joseph Conway [MSFT]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2005
Remove Padus from the machine and that error should go away. Looks like
its just not compatbile with x64.

 
Reply With Quote
 
John Barnes
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-07-2005
What is Padus? I've never heard of it. Any other ideas?


""Joseph Conway [MSFT]"" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Remove Padus from the machine and that error should go away. Looks like
> its just not compatbile with x64.
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?VGhlIEFuY2llbnQ=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-10-2005
The Error i get popping up is the Machine Check Error. nearly every time i
play a video or play streaming video off the net i get that error popping up
all the time.
How do i fix that.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Joseph Conway [MSFT]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-25-2005
Machine checks are typically hardware related, whats the exact error?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
There are no more messages on this topic. All messages in this topic may have expired or been deleted Coach 02 Computer Support 1 03-12-2007 03:44 PM
absence of router advertisment messages in reponse to roiuter solicitation messages sonia sainani Software 0 10-20-2006 09:20 AM
System.Security.SecurityException: Error de solicitud de permiso de tipo System.Net.WebPermission, System, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089. Luis Esteban Valencia ASP .Net 0 07-14-2005 01:43 PM
i sent 2 messages about double messages monique Computer Support 0 11-27-2004 07:18 PM
will all these messages cause a problem . I am a new subscriber and my computer is downloading 100,000 messages. Will this cause any kind of a problem with my ability to store other items?? Camille White Camille White Computer Support 9 11-08-2004 01:13 AM



Advertisments