Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Sony memory stick

Sony memory stick

=?Utf-8?B?cGpvaGFuc2U=?=

Has anyone been able to use a memory stick reader with XP 64 bit? I have an
older reader (MSAC-US1) that isn't supported and I would like to go and
purchase a new one.

Thanks!!

Jud Hendrix

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 19:13:03 -0700, "pjohanse"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Has anyone been able to use a memory stick reader with XP 64 bit? I have an
>older reader (MSAC-US1) that isn't supported and I would like to go and
>purchase a new one.

Yep. I have an Elecom-reader (MR-DU2ABBK) which shows the
Sony Memory-sticks in x64.

jud

=?Utf-8?B?cGpvaGFuc2U=?=

Any idea where a guy might be able to pick one of those up in the U.S.? I am
only seeing overseas sites when I search for it.

"Jud Hendrix" wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 19:13:03 -0700, "pjohanse"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Has anyone been able to use a memory stick reader with XP 64 bit? I have an
> >older reader (MSAC-US1) that isn't supported and I would like to go and
> >purchase a new one.

> Yep. I have an Elecom-reader (MR-DU2ABBK) which shows the
> Sony Memory-sticks in x64.
>
> jud

Jud Hendrix

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 05:34:01 -0700, "pjohanse"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Any idea where a guy might be able to pick one of those up in the U.S.? I am
>only seeing overseas sites when I search for it.

That's the problem. I bought it in Akiharbara town in Tokyo
It looks like an OEM-product, because later on I saw very similar
looking models under different brand-name.

jud

-Dan-

Go to your camera Setup page, change the USB Connect to PTP. I have a
DSC-F707 and this worked great on my x64; actually much quicker than the
reader on my old W2k box. I also have a Sony MS reader, MSAC-US1, but no
joy here; apparently not the PTP format. On the x64 box, I will have to
read directly from the camera until I can get a reader that is compatible.

--
--Dan--

"pjohanse" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
| Has anyone been able to use a memory stick reader with XP 64 bit? I have
an
| older reader (MSAC-US1) that isn't supported and I would like to go and
| purchase a new one.
|

| Thanks!!

=?Utf-8?B?cGpvaGFuc2U=?=

Worked like magic. Great tip Dan, Thanks!