Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Cant boot Win2k3 64-bit on DFI MB!!!!

Cant boot Win2k3 64-bit on DFI MB!!!!

=?Utf-8?B?YmFuc2hlZS0x?=

I have a DFI MB and nF4 chipset. I installed SATA RAID drivers and they are
working so far. I did a full install of Win2k3 Server 64-bit on this box and
all was fine.

Now when it tries to boot, it goes through the startup screen and gets 2-3
passes then a super quick blue screen then reboots. It will reboot each time
if I let it continue.

Any advice? I really want to run this OS but its having issues?

I can boot fine with Knoppix and all is working fine for hours!! But not
with Windows.....

Charlie Russel - MVP

You probably need updated SATA RAID drivers. Check with DFI, or try
www.planetamd64.com. There were significant changes betweek RC and Release
versions and drivers which were OK for RC will not work correctly for RTM
versions.

--
Charlie.
http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

banshee-1 wrote:
> I have a DFI MB and nF4 chipset. I installed SATA RAID drivers and
> they are working so far. I did a full install of Win2k3 Server 64-bit
> on this box and all was fine.
>
> Now when it tries to boot, it goes through the startup screen and
> gets 2-3 passes then a super quick blue screen then reboots. It will
> reboot each time if I let it continue.
>
> Any advice? I really want to run this OS but its having issues?
>
> I can boot fine with Knoppix and all is working fine for hours!! But
> not with Windows.....

=?Utf-8?B?YmFuc2hlZS0x?=

Charlie, thats exactly what I am doing...Went there and found some earlier
drivers that are said to work with win2k3 rather than just winxp (64). I will
try them today and see if that fixes things...THANKS!!

"Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:

> You probably need updated SATA RAID drivers. Check with DFI, or try
> www.planetamd64.com. There were significant changes betweek RC and Release
> versions and drivers which were OK for RC will not work correctly for RTM
> versions.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>

> banshee-1 wrote:
> > I have a DFI MB and nF4 chipset. I installed SATA RAID drivers and
> > they are working so far. I did a full install of Win2k3 Server 64-bit
> > on this box and all was fine.
> >
> > Now when it tries to boot, it goes through the startup screen and
> > gets 2-3 passes then a super quick blue screen then reboots. It will
> > reboot each time if I let it continue.
> >
> > Any advice? I really want to run this OS but its having issues?
> >
> > I can boot fine with Knoppix and all is working fine for hours!! But
> > not with Windows.....

Charlie Russel - MVP

No, not EARLIER drivers. Newer drivers are required. It should not matter
between Server 2k3 x64 Editions SP1 and Windows XP x64 Edition, since they
are the same code base.

--

banshee-1 wrote:
> Charlie, thats exactly what I am doing...Went there and found some
> earlier drivers that are said to work with win2k3 rather than just
> winxp (64). I will try them today and see if that fixes
> things...THANKS!!
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
>> You probably need updated SATA RAID drivers. Check with DFI, or try
>> www.planetamd64.com. There were significant changes betweek RC and
>> Release versions and drivers which were OK for RC will not work
>> correctly for RTM versions.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
>>

>> banshee-1 wrote:
>>> I have a DFI MB and nF4 chipset. I installed SATA RAID drivers and
>>> they are working so far. I did a full install of Win2k3 Server
>>> 64-bit on this box and all was fine.
>>>
>>> Now when it tries to boot, it goes through the startup screen and
>>> gets 2-3 passes then a super quick blue screen then reboots. It will
>>> reboot each time if I let it continue.
>>>
>>> Any advice? I really want to run this OS but its having issues?
>>>
>>> I can boot fine with Knoppix and all is working fine for hours!! But
>>> not with Windows.....

=?Utf-8?B?YmFuc2hlZS0x?=

** I finally got it to work..I found some "early" drivers 6.25 that did the
trick...I am now booted into Win2k3 64-bit **

THANKS!

"banshee-1" wrote:

> Charlie, thats exactly what I am doing...Went there and found some earlier
> drivers that are said to work with win2k3 rather than just winxp (64). I will
> try them today and see if that fixes things...THANKS!!
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" wrote:
>
> > You probably need updated SATA RAID drivers. Check with DFI, or try
> > www.planetamd64.com. There were significant changes betweek RC and Release
> > versions and drivers which were OK for RC will not work correctly for RTM
> > versions.
> >
> > --
> > Charlie.
> > http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/
> >

> > banshee-1 wrote:
> > > I have a DFI MB and nF4 chipset. I installed SATA RAID drivers and
> > > they are working so far. I did a full install of Win2k3 Server 64-bit
> > > on this box and all was fine.
> > >
> > > Now when it tries to boot, it goes through the startup screen and
> > > gets 2-3 passes then a super quick blue screen then reboots. It will
> > > reboot each time if I let it continue.
> > >
> > > Any advice? I really want to run this OS but its having issues?
> > >
> > > I can boot fine with Knoppix and all is working fine for hours!! But
> > > not with Windows.....

Charlie Russel - MVP

Glad you're working!