Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > HP Officejet d145 - HP Director

HP Officejet d145 - HP Director

=?Utf-8?B?QVogQnJpYW4=?=

While I was able to get the officejet d145 to print (after some work), I can
not install HP Director so I lose the scanning ability. HP help desk sent me
a link for downloading Director but I get the same error "Your version of
windows is not supported) and prevents me from installing it.

Does anyone have a work around or know of a driver that will allow my
scanner to work?
--
Thank All we seriously try to help!

AZ Brian

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

HP is the best place to get the workaround since its their software,
obviously they didn't know that you are running Windows XP Professional x64
Edition.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"AZ Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> While I was able to get the officejet d145 to print (after some work), I
> can
> not install HP Director so I lose the scanning ability. HP help desk sent
> me
> a link for downloading Director but I get the same error "Your version of
> windows is not supported) and prevents me from installing it.
>
> Does anyone have a work around or know of a driver that will allow my
> scanner to work?
> --
> Thank All we seriously try to help!
>
> AZ Brian

Colin Barnhorst

Please see:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&lang=en&cc=us
on the HP site. It clearly states that there are no drivers for your
printer for x64.

There is a link for Windows XP x64 on every printer page I have looked at on
the HP site. Some say which driver to use, some give workarounds, some
inform you that the driver is on the x64 cd and should install
automatically, and some just inform you that your printer is not supported.

news:%23BDCvZ$(E-Mail Removed)...
> HP is the best place to get the workaround since its their software,
> obviously they didn't know that you are running Windows XP Professional
> x64 Edition.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "AZ Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> While I was able to get the officejet d145 to print (after some work), I
>> can
>> not install HP Director so I lose the scanning ability. HP help desk
>> sent me
>> a link for downloading Director but I get the same error "Your version of
>> windows is not supported) and prevents me from installing it.
>>
>> Does anyone have a work around or know of a driver that will allow my
>> scanner to work?
>> --
>> Thank All we seriously try to help!
>>
>> AZ Brian

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Poor guy. Bug HP.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Please see:
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&lang=en&cc=us
> on the HP site. It clearly states that there are no drivers for your
> printer for x64.
>
> There is a link for Windows XP x64 on every printer page I have looked at
> on the HP site. Some say which driver to use, some give workarounds, some
> inform you that the driver is on the x64 cd and should install
> automatically, and some just inform you that your printer is not
> supported.

> news:%23BDCvZ$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> HP is the best place to get the workaround since its their software,
>> obviously they didn't know that you are running Windows XP Professional
>> x64 Edition.
>> --
>> Andre
>> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>
>> "AZ Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> While I was able to get the officejet d145 to print (after some work), I
>>> can
>>> not install HP Director so I lose the scanning ability. HP help desk
>>> sent me
>>> a link for downloading Director but I get the same error "Your version
>>> of
>>> windows is not supported) and prevents me from installing it.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have a work around or know of a driver that will allow my
>>> scanner to work?
>>> --
>>> Thank All we seriously try to help!
>>>
>>> AZ Brian

Rick

Why don't people check with the manufacturer for drivers? After reading
this asinine gripe about no driver, I went to the HP site, entered
"d145" in the search, and guess what resulted? A link to a driver for
Windows x64!!!

This means that a lot of people are too frickin' lazy to do any research
on their own! All they want to do is cry, and **** and moan, about lack
of support when they haven't even tried to help them selves!

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2030

The software was released on May 5, 2005. So, obviously you NEVER tried
to find a driver!!

AZ Brian wrote:
> While I was able to get the officejet d145 to print (after some work), I can
> not install HP Director so I lose the scanning ability. HP help desk sent me
> a link for downloading Director but I get the same error "Your version of
> windows is not supported) and prevents me from installing it.
>
> Does anyone have a work around or know of a driver that will allow my
> scanner to work?

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Because when the use to use Windows XP 32 bit, the didn't have to bug the
manufacturer, drivers for existing printers were supported out of the box.
Those same users are expecting the same experience with x64, but they are in
for a big surprise.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why don't people check with the manufacturer for drivers? After reading
> this asinine gripe about no driver, I went to the HP site, entered "d145"
> in the search, and guess what resulted? A link to a driver for Windows
> x64!!!
>
> This means that a lot of people are too frickin' lazy to do any research
> on their own! All they want to do is cry, and **** and moan, about lack
> of support when they haven't even tried to help them selves!
>
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2030
>
> The software was released on May 5, 2005. So, obviously you NEVER tried
> to find a driver!!
>

> AZ Brian wrote:
>> While I was able to get the officejet d145 to print (after some work), I
>> can not install HP Director so I lose the scanning ability. HP help desk
>> sent me a link for downloading Director but I get the same error "Your
>> version of windows is not supported) and prevents me from installing it.
>> Does anyone have a work around or know of a driver that will allow my
>> scanner to work?

Steve Thompson

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

The most suitable suggestion or workaround in this case would be to to a
dual boot with both XP 32 bit, if you desparately need to run the HP
Director software.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Steve Thompson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%23$(E-Mail Removed)...

Steve Thompson

=?Utf-8?B?enhub3M=?=

try these drivers:
http://www.planetamd64.com/index.php?download=401

i use photoshop to scan. it works alot better than the hp software. do you
have that or any other graphics package? there is usually an option to import
under 'File'