Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Windows XP 64 experiencing error with install of Serial ATA driver

Windows XP 64 experiencing error with install of Serial ATA driver

=?Utf-8?B?Ym9zc2hvZw==?=

The following is displayed when a serial ATA driver from Promise technologies
is installed during windows XP 64 install on AMD 64 platform.

\SATA\WindowsXP\viastaid,sys unexpected error (1 at line 2335 in
d:\srvrtm\base\boot\setup\oemdisk.c

I have tried other drivers with the same results. The error occurs on the
same oemdisk.c file. Has this been fixed as yet or are we looking at
something else here.

Thanks to all that respond.

E. Jackson
--
A E Jackson

Rick

You are getting the error because you are attempting to load the 32-bit
drivers for Windows XP instead of the 64-bit drivers for Windows x64.
Your directory path should be similar to:

....\AMD64\2003x64\viamrx64.sys

And, if you are actually using a Promise SATA, you really have the wrong
driver!