Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Does my OEM license count for anything!?!? ASAP please!!

Does my OEM license count for anything!?!? ASAP please!!

=?Utf-8?B?bXJuYXRoYW4=?=

I have bought a full service pack 2 included version of Microsoft Windows XP
pro (OEM edition).

I have subsiquently tried to register for the x64 upgrade, and when i bash
in my registration ID (76487-OEM-0*****6-45676) and select the date of
purchase it doesnt let me continue. Says that the COA is invalid (baring in
mind I neither have a COA or have input the COA in the field).

Does this mean if you have an OEM copy of xp pro you need a COA to register,
becuase i didnt get a COA with my copy....but I have a full license, and a
product ID and serial number (registered aswell), so surely that shouldnt
matter??

I only bought this copy so that I could get x64, so ill be pretty cheesed if
I cant get it, any help appreciated,

Nathan

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Did you try this, use another date that would be appropriate or suitable to
the TAP program?
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

"mrnathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have bought a full service pack 2 included version of Microsoft Windows
>XP
> pro (OEM edition).
>
> I have subsiquently tried to register for the x64 upgrade, and when i bash
> in my registration ID (76487-OEM-0*****6-45676) and select the date of
> purchase it doesnt let me continue. Says that the COA is invalid (baring
> in
> mind I neither have a COA or have input the COA in the field).
>
> Does this mean if you have an OEM copy of xp pro you need a COA to
> register,
> becuase i didnt get a COA with my copy....but I have a full license, and a
> product ID and serial number (registered aswell), so surely that shouldnt
> matter??
>
> I only bought this copy so that I could get x64, so ill be pretty cheesed
> if
> I cant get it, any help appreciated,
>
> Nathan

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

"mrnathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have bought a full service pack 2 included version of Microsoft Windows
>XP
> pro (OEM edition).
>
> I have subsiquently tried to register for the x64 upgrade, and when i bash
> in my registration ID (76487-OEM-0*****6-45676) and select the date of
> purchase it doesnt let me continue. Says that the COA is invalid (baring
> in
> mind I neither have a COA or have input the COA in the field).
>
> Does this mean if you have an OEM copy of xp pro you need a COA to
> register,
> becuase i didnt get a COA with my copy....but I have a full license, and a
> product ID and serial number (registered aswell), so surely that shouldnt
> matter??

All OEM products come with a Certificate of Authenticity (COA)
see
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/h...ll/uk/coa.mspx

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"mrnathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have bought a full service pack 2 included version of Microsoft Windows
>XP
> pro (OEM edition).
>
> I have subsiquently tried to register for the x64 upgrade, and when i bash
> in my registration ID (76487-OEM-0*****6-45676) and select the date of
> purchase it doesnt let me continue. Says that the COA is invalid (baring
> in
> mind I neither have a COA or have input the COA in the field).
>
> Does this mean if you have an OEM copy of xp pro you need a COA to
> register,
> becuase i didnt get a COA with my copy....but I have a full license, and a
> product ID and serial number (registered aswell), so surely that shouldnt
> matter??
>
> I only bought this copy so that I could get x64, so ill be pretty cheesed
> if
> I cant get it, any help appreciated,
>
> Nathan

Larry Samuels

Not bootlegged copies <VBEG>
I suspect this is the case here.
Any bets the "OEM copy" was purchased online??

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
"Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> "mrnathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have bought a full service pack 2 included version of Microsoft Windows
>>XP
>> pro (OEM edition).
>>
>> I have subsiquently tried to register for the x64 upgrade, and when i
>> bash
>> in my registration ID (76487-OEM-0*****6-45676) and select the date of
>> purchase it doesnt let me continue. Says that the COA is invalid (baring
>> in
>> mind I neither have a COA or have input the COA in the field).
>>
>> Does this mean if you have an OEM copy of xp pro you need a COA to
>> register,
>> becuase i didnt get a COA with my copy....but I have a full license, and
>> product ID and serial number (registered aswell), so surely that shouldnt
>> matter??

> All OEM products come with a Certificate of Authenticity (COA)
> see
> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/h...ll/uk/coa.mspx
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Mike
> --
> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

> rights

> newsgroups
>
> "mrnathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have bought a full service pack 2 included version of Microsoft Windows
>>XP
>> pro (OEM edition).
>>
>> I have subsiquently tried to register for the x64 upgrade, and when i
>> bash
>> in my registration ID (76487-OEM-0*****6-45676) and select the date of
>> purchase it doesnt let me continue. Says that the COA is invalid (baring
>> in
>> mind I neither have a COA or have input the COA in the field).
>>
>> Does this mean if you have an OEM copy of xp pro you need a COA to
>> register,
>> becuase i didnt get a COA with my copy....but I have a full license, and
>> product ID and serial number (registered aswell), so surely that shouldnt
>> matter??
>>
>> I only bought this copy so that I could get x64, so ill be pretty cheesed
>> if
>> I cant get it, any help appreciated,
>>
>> Nathan

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

Maybe there is some glitch in the program accepting either PID or COA, try
again at a later date.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

"Larry Samuels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Not bootlegged copies <VBEG>
> I suspect this is the case here.
> Any bets the "OEM copy" was purchased online??
>
> --
> Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
> Associate Expert
> http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
> "Mike Brannigan [MSFT]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> "mrnathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I have bought a full service pack 2 included version of Microsoft
>>>Windows XP
>>> pro (OEM edition).
>>>
>>> I have subsiquently tried to register for the x64 upgrade, and when i
>>> bash
>>> in my registration ID (76487-OEM-0*****6-45676) and select the date of
>>> purchase it doesnt let me continue. Says that the COA is invalid
>>> (baring in
>>> mind I neither have a COA or have input the COA in the field).
>>>
>>> Does this mean if you have an OEM copy of xp pro you need a COA to
>>> register,
>>> becuase i didnt get a COA with my copy....but I have a full license, and
>>> product ID and serial number (registered aswell), so surely that
>>> shouldnt
>>> matter??

>> All OEM products come with a Certificate of Authenticity (COA)
>> see
>> http://www.microsoft.com/resources/h...ll/uk/coa.mspx
>>

>> --
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mike
>> --
>> Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

>> rights
>>
>> Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
>> newsgroups
>>
>> "mrnathan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I have bought a full service pack 2 included version of Microsoft
>>>Windows XP
>>> pro (OEM edition).
>>>
>>> I have subsiquently tried to register for the x64 upgrade, and when i
>>> bash
>>> in my registration ID (76487-OEM-0*****6-45676) and select the date of
>>> purchase it doesnt let me continue. Says that the COA is invalid
>>> (baring in
>>> mind I neither have a COA or have input the COA in the field).
>>>
>>> Does this mean if you have an OEM copy of xp pro you need a COA to
>>> register,
>>> becuase i didnt get a COA with my copy....but I have a full license, and
>>> product ID and serial number (registered aswell), so surely that
>>> shouldnt
>>> matter??
>>>
>>> I only bought this copy so that I could get x64, so ill be pretty
>>> cheesed if
>>> I cant get it, any help appreciated,
>>>
>>> Nathan

Larry Samuels

As Mike stated, *ALL* legitimate OEM copies come with the COA.
No COA = 100% certainty the software is an illegal copy.

Associate Expert
Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Maybe there is some glitch in the program accepting either PID or COA, try
> again at a later date.
> --
> Andre
> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>
> "Larry Samuels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Not bootlegged copies <VBEG>
>> I suspect this is the case here.
>> Any bets the "OEM copy" was purchased online??
>>
>> --
>> Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
>> Associate Expert
>> Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
>> http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm

=?Utf-8?B?bXJuYXRoYW4=?=

I did buy the copy online, but it came as the origianl copy, with the
origianl (hologram) disc, and the documentation. And its the service pack 2
edition, and iv registered it no probs, which i wouldnt have been able to do
if it were a copy.

Am i right?

nathan

"Larry Samuels" wrote:

> As Mike stated, *ALL* legitimate OEM copies come with the COA.
> No COA = 100% certainty the software is an illegal copy.
>
> --
> Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
> Associate Expert
> http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Maybe there is some glitch in the program accepting either PID or COA, try
> > again at a later date.
> > --
> > Andre
> >
> > "Larry Samuels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >> Not bootlegged copies <VBEG>
> >> I suspect this is the case here.
> >> Any bets the "OEM copy" was purchased online??
> >>
> >> --
> >> Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
> >> Associate Expert
> >> Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> >> Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
> >> http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm

Rick

Where did you get the Product Key for the installation?

mrnathan wrote:
> I did buy the copy online, but it came as the origianl copy, with the
> origianl (hologram) disc, and the documentation. And its the service pack 2
> edition, and iv registered it no probs, which i wouldnt have been able to do
> if it were a copy.
>
> Am i right?
>
> nathan
>
> "Larry Samuels" wrote:
>

>>As Mike stated, *ALL* legitimate OEM copies come with the COA.
>>No COA = 100% certainty the software is an illegal copy.
>>
>>--
>>Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
>>Associate Expert
>>Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
>>Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
>>http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
>>"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>
>>>Maybe there is some glitch in the program accepting either PID or COA, try
>>>again at a later date.
>>>--
>>>Andre
>>>Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
>>>Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
>>>http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
>>>FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
>>>
>>>"Larry Samuels" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

=?Utf-8?B?bXJuYXRoYW4=?=

The Product Key was on a red printed sticker on the outside of the shrinkwrap
packaging. It worked, and I have since registered the copy, so I assume its
unique and genuine.

Another small question....if the deadline for upgrading to x64 is the 31st
of July, does that mean it will turn retail on the 1st of august?

nathan

"Rick" wrote:

> Where did you get the Product Key for the installation?
>

> mrnathan wrote:
> > I did buy the copy online, but it came as the origianl copy, with the
> > origianl (hologram) disc, and the documentation. And its the service pack 2
> > edition, and iv registered it no probs, which i wouldnt have been able to do
> > if it were a copy.
> >
> > Am i right?
> >
> > nathan
> >
> > "Larry Samuels" wrote:
> >

> >>As Mike stated, *ALL* legitimate OEM copies come with the COA.
> >>No COA = 100% certainty the software is an illegal copy.
> >>
> >>--
> >>Larry Samuels MS-MVP (Windows-Shell/User)
> >>Associate Expert
> >>Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> >>Unofficial FAQ for Windows Server 2003 at
> >>http://pelos.us/SERVER.htm
> >>"Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >>news:(E-Mail Removed)...

Rick

Not according to anything that has been published. It has been stated
numerous times that it will only be OEM.

If your disc has a holograph, Microsoft had a program about a month or
so ago where they would exchange your pirated disk for a valid one if
you provided all the information as to where it was obtained.

All legitimate copies of Microsoft Windows are on holograph disks, and
are accompanied by Certificate of Authenticity which has the COA number
and the Product Key. The COA also has holographs of "GENUINE" and
"Microsoft" that can be seen when the light reflects off it.

OEM License RichM Windows 64bit 14 12-19-2007 08:09 AM
Windows Licensing - OEM License but no CD? Alan NZ Computing 12 03-19-2006 08:35 AM
Install XP Pro 32bit OEM on XP Pro 64bit OEM, and dual boot =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?= Windows 64bit 8 10-04-2005 03:57 PM
Request for a downgrade from x64 OEM license to 32-bit OEM license =?Utf-8?B?SmVyZW15IFdvbmcg6buD5rOT6YeP?= Windows 64bit 58 09-22-2005 11:33 PM
Count(*) in a Subquery with multiple tables: How does SQL determine which table to generate the Count() from? Kaimuri MCSD 3 12-29-2004 06:38 PM

Advertisments