Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > x64 Compatible Scanners?

Reply
Thread Tools

x64 Compatible Scanners?

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Q3VydG8=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2005
Need to buy a new scanner, and want to make sure it's x86 compatible. Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

Curt.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Andre Da Costa [Extended64]
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2005
To be honest with you, I don't think there aren't any and probably they are
just beginning to work on drivers.
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/andre
http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta
FAQ for MS AntiSpy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm

"Curto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Need to buy a new scanner, and want to make sure it's x86 compatible. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Curt.



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2005
"Curto" wrote:
> Need to buy a new scanner, and want to make sure it's x86 compatible. Any
> suggestions?
> Thanks,
> Curt.

1) Probably 99% of the scanners on the market are x86 compatible.
2) Your posting is in the wrong newsgroup (as this one is directed to x64
extensions)
3) If you have any concern about using x64 in the future, make sure the
scanner is WIA compliant if there are no x64 drivers for it (x64 editions
include wow64 + ksthunk.sys and emulate twain 32-bit layers, allowing for
instance for the Microtek UP VPL6 scanner to work).




 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?Q3VydG8=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2005
Slip of the fingers. As the title states, I'm looking for a x64 scanner...

"Chris" wrote:

> "Curto" wrote:
> > Need to buy a new scanner, and want to make sure it's x86 compatible. Any
> > suggestions?
> > Thanks,
> > Curt.

> 1) Probably 99% of the scanners on the market are x86 compatible.
> 2) Your posting is in the wrong newsgroup (as this one is directed to x64
> extensions)
> 3) If you have any concern about using x64 in the future, make sure the
> scanner is WIA compliant if there are no x64 drivers for it (x64 editions
> include wow64 + ksthunk.sys and emulate twain 32-bit layers, allowing for
> instance for the Microtek UP VPL6 scanner to work).
>
>
>
>

 
Reply With Quote
 
David R. Norton MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-02-2005
"Curto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:

> Slip of the fingers. As the title states, I'm looking for a x64 scanner...


I believe some Microtek scanners are, not sure of others? I've an older
ScanMaker V6UPL and I had to "decorate" the .INF file as per MSFTs article,
now it works fine on X64.

You can find others by searching earlier posts.

--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>
 
Reply With Quote
 
Randy
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-03-2005
Do you happen to know the Q number for that article?

I've got a ScanMaker X12USL and figure it might help me too.

"David R. Norton MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xns9687754329E44drnortonyahoocom@127.0.0.1...
> "Curto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:
>
> > Slip of the fingers. As the title states, I'm looking for a x64

scanner...
>
> I believe some Microtek scanners are, not sure of others? I've an older
> ScanMaker V6UPL and I had to "decorate" the .INF file as per MSFTs

article,
> now it works fine on X64.
>
> You can find others by searching earlier posts.
>
> --
> David R. Norton MVP
> <(E-Mail Removed)>



 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-03-2005
"Randy" wrote:

> Do you happen to know the Q number for that article?
>


888728
 
Reply With Quote
 
David R. Norton MVP
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-03-2005
"Randy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:

> "David R. Norton MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Xns9687754329E44drnortonyahoocom@127.0.0.1...
>> "Curto" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in:
>>
>> > Slip of the fingers. As the title states, I'm looking for a x64
>> > scanner...

>>
>> I believe some Microtek scanners are, not sure of others? I've an older
>> ScanMaker V6UPL and I had to "decorate" the .INF file as per MSFTs
>> article, now it works fine on X64.
>>
>> You can find others by searching earlier posts.


> Do you happen to know the Q number for that article?
>
> I've got a ScanMaker X12USL and figure it might help me too.


Here's the whole message I wrote a very long time back, see if it applies to
your scanner:

Give this a try, download the latest ScanWizard for your scanner from
Microtek and then run it.

With any kind of luck it will install a file named something like
Microtek.inf in your windows\inf directory. You must decorate the file
as described here:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver...4INF_reqs.mspx

Notice you're going to add "NTamd64" in two places.

See if that works for you, it does for my V6UPL (USB port) using
ScanWizard 5.991 but that's a very different scanner and driver.

Good luck!


--
David R. Norton MVP
<(E-Mail Removed)>
 
Reply With Quote
 
=?Utf-8?B?cGpvaGFuc2U=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-05-2005
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...dlc=en&lang=en

This article only promises "soon"... But Since they do have pretty good x64
support already for their printers, I would say it is probably a decent bet.

"Curto" wrote:

> Need to buy a new scanner, and want to make sure it's x86 compatible. Any
> suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Curt.

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
making ie compatible code firefox compatible using Greasemonkey? pantagruel Javascript 0 02-17-2006 02:26 PM
Compatible Printer for XP Pro x64 =?Utf-8?B?TWlrZVM=?= Windows 64bit 0 10-03-2005 01:50 AM
This CPU is not compatible with x64 =?Utf-8?B?TWl0Y2g=?= Windows 64bit 10 08-02-2005 12:40 AM
Recommendations for Windows XP x64 compatible notebook John Smith Windows 64bit 11 06-29-2005 05:50 AM
XP x64 edition and Visual Studio .NET 2003 compatible? =?Utf-8?B?S2VubmV0aCBMYW5jYXN0ZXI=?= Windows 64bit 5 05-19-2005 08:02 PM



Advertisments