Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Webcams for X64

Webcams for X64

Frank Abbott

Has anyone found a web cam that works under X64?

Polycom's PVX conferencing software will work under X64, so Polycom
support tells me, but there have to be drivers for the web cameras. I
know that Creative is promising some in the 3rd or 4th quarter but I
would like to know if there are any out there now. One of the
compatibility sites suggested that the IBM PC Camera worked under x64,
but since those camera's (Xrlinks I think) didn't work well under XP
anyway, and since there is no site for drivers, I am a little skeptical
of the claim.

Thanks.

Frank Abbott

Andre Da Costa [Extended64]

The manufacturer is the best source for you to get drivers for your web cam
or you might just have to buy a new one that supports x64 out of the box.

From M. Murcek:
http://testedproducts.windowsmarketp...=0&ocID=0&OR=1

You can choose Designed for Windows XP x64 Edition from the By Compatibility
box on the left. It ain't no HCL, but it's a resource...
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

news:%23qADJ%(E-Mail Removed)...