Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > x64 will not install

x64 will not install

Tom Ferguson

I got a very quick response, about six hours, from
http://www.asus.com.tw/aboutasus.aspx?show=3

Tom
MSMVP
Windows Shell/User

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

{Snip}
:
: Asus does not reply
:
:

John Barnes

Thanks, I'll try that. Previous contacts it goes into the queue, gets
upgraded to another level and then gets cancelled with no email reply or
reply on the tracking web page. My first and probably last ASUS product.

"Tom Ferguson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I got a very quick response, about six hours, from
> http://www.asus.com.tw/aboutasus.aspx?show=3
>
> Tom
> MSMVP
> Windows Shell/User

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> {Snip}
> :
> : Asus does not reply
> :
> :

John Barnes

All I am getting are server errors. At least I was able to go back and copy
my text so I won't have to look it all up and compose the next time. Also
this is the same page I have never gotten a response from. Just cancels
after a week with no email feedback and only a closed message online.

"Tom Ferguson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I got a very quick response, about six hours, from
> http://www.asus.com.tw/aboutasus.aspx?show=3
>
> Tom
> MSMVP
> Windows Shell/User

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> {Snip}
> :
> : Asus does not reply
> :
> :

John Barnes

Included this issue and another issue on this request. As you said they
came back with a quick response. Only they completely ignored this issue.
Only covered the other issue. Not one word of acknowledgement that this one
is even on the request, even though it was first. Hope Hitachi finally
figures it out. ASUS is worthless and I certainly doubt I will buy another
one.

"Tom Ferguson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I got a very quick response, about six hours, from
> http://www.asus.com.tw/aboutasus.aspx?show=3
>
> Tom
> MSMVP
> Windows Shell/User

> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
> {Snip}
> :
> : Asus does not reply
> :
> :

John Barnes

Hope you will post back when you install. I would try a WD, but I have one
for my x86 system SATA I but it is soooooo noisy. So far haven't been able
to get a copy of it to work on any other driver so I can get rid of it.
Each time I Ghost or Drive image it, with copy or backup/restore, the system
boots fine, but some windows service crashes and features such as internet
connection are unavailable. Only thing I haven't tried so far is removing
the original drive and reassigning drive letters.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...